Kids States in Bayshore View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Kids States in Bayshore

parker425
The Kids State tournament in Bayshore was very well run. Tha facilities were clean, there were plenty of mats, the food was great and the competition was tough. Hopefully more kids will participate next year. A while back the brackets were loaded with wrestlers. Now you're lucky to get 10-12 kids in a bracket. The thought back then was that summer wrestling made winter champions!

Bleausdeer
You are correct summer wrestling creates winter champions.

Congrats to Kevin on winning another state title. 2010 NYS youth Folkstyle and Freestyle Champion. It goes to show you that hard work does pay off! Way to go little buddy!!

amar
Hello Can you please provide me information about freestyle tournament for kids(youth)Thanks

ATM 2000
No one there because of where it was held. Bring it back to the middle of the state and see the difference. Can't understand why they keep doing this, even the HS states was hurt when it was in Buffalo and down on the Island. Why listen to a few to hurt the majority.

mikef272002
ATM 2000 wrote:
No one there because of where it was held. Bring it back to the middle of the state and see the difference. Can't understand why they keep doing this, even the HS states was hurt when it was in Buffalo and down on the Island. Why listen to a few to hurt the majority.

I agree, too far for the Western part of NY to drive, and the money you spend on gas,food,hotel, entrie all adds up quick for a bracket with 12 kids in it...! Should be held in Albany..

wrestlingny
I disagree they won the bid; if you want it to stay in central NY bid on the tournament and win. It was at UE the last two years and this year they lost the bid. That’s the way it goes. All you guys that think it’s to far should bid on the tournament and run it if you win it. Remember these kids will be in high school soon and lose there chance at a youth State Championship. Suck it up and bring the kids to wrestle. As far as the other tournaments scheduled at the same time as the USA State Tournament, are doing an injustice to the growth of USA wrestling and New York State. It’s a worthy investment to have your wrestlers in this tournament. I know the kids that have been there gain confidence and are motivated to win the high school states. USA wrestling has invested there interest and rescores for the furtherance of the sport. We the parents should go out of are way to help the sport grow. I hope it all works out for the kids now and in the future.

mikef272002
wrestlingny wrote:
I disagree they won the bid; if you want it to stay in central NY bid on the tournament and win. It was at UE the last two years and this year they lost the bid. That’s the way it goes. All you guys that think it’s to far should bid on the tournament and run it if you win it. Remember these kids will be in high school soon and lose there chance at a youth State Championship. Suck it up and bring the kids to wrestle. As far as the other tournaments scheduled at the same time as the USA State Tournament, are doing an injustice to the growth of USA wrestling and New York State. It’s a worthy investment to have your wrestlers in this tournament. I know the kids that have been there gain confidence and are motivated to win the high school states. USA wrestling has invested there interest and rescores for the furtherance of the sport. We the parents should go out of are way to help the sport grow. I hope it all works out for the kids now and in the future.

Why all the hate..? Were simply stating that the tournament should be held in Central NY, that makes the most sense and you would see more competitive brackets...Saying people should "suck it up" is another way of saying we don't care what you think...You want better wrestling at states then put it in the middle is all were saying/..We go to Ohio tournament of Champions each year about a 3.5 hour drive from us, Bay shore is a 7 hour drive..I'm all for going to the state tournament, but to drive 7 hours, 2 nights in a hotel, and food, gas for a 10-12 man bracket seems a little expensive...the tournament should be fair to both sides of the state, by being in the middle, I'm sure if it were clear in the south western part of NY there wouldn't be many kids from NYC there, If any..

ATM 2000
mikef272002 wrote:
wrestlingny wrote:

Why all the hate..? Were simply stating that the tournament should be held in Central NY, that makes the most sense and you would see more competitive brackets...Saying people should "suck it up" is another way of saying we don't care what you think...You want better wrestling at states then put it in the middle is all were saying/..We go to Ohio tournament of Champions each year about a 3.5 hour drive from us, Bay shore is a 7 hour drive..I'm all for going to the state tournament, but to drive 7 hours, 2 nights in a hotel, and food, gas for a 10-12 man bracket seems a little expensive...the tournament should be fair to both sides of the state, by being in the middle, I'm sure if it were clear in the south western part of NY there wouldn't be many kids from NYC there, If any..
Maybe buffalo next year, and we'll see how many LI parents "suck it up" and make the drive. Why do people have to be like this? It shouldn't have to be who gets the bid. If USA Wrestling wanted to grow the sport , they should make better decisions.

piper1
wrestlingny wrote:

Specificly, what does USA wrestling do besides make money as a secondary insurance company with a cool name?

mikef272002
ATM 2000 wrote:
mikef272002 wrote:
wrestlingny wrote:

Maybe buffalo next year, and we'll see how many LI parents "suck it up" and make the drive. Why do people have to be like this? It shouldn't have to be who gets the bid. If USA Wrestling wanted to grow the sport , they should make better decisions.

"Two thumbs up "..!
Page 1 of 1