Division one division two number of teams ? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Division one division two number of teams ?

smash
This may be an odd question, but I noticed on the calendar the significant number of teams in division one compared to division 2 , are all sections similar to section 5 ? I know it's determined by numbers in the district. I was just wondering if all sections are comparable?

Oldguy75
My apologies Smash, but I don't understand your question (as the years go on, I seem to understand less and less Smile) Are you asking if school ratios (D1 to D2) in other sections are similar to Section V's?

BJB7
I think the number is 600 students. If you are under 600 you are considered small school.

smash
Oldguy75 wrote:
My apologies Smash, but I don't understand your question (as the years go on, I seem to understand less and less Smile) Are you asking if school ratios (D1 to D2) in other sections are similar to Section V's?

Yes I don't know how to find out if other sections are similar in the number of teams in each division , I would assume that say section 11 would have many more schools in division one than in division two. I like the separate divisions but I'm not sure that all sections are equal in the amount of wrestlers competing for one spot. It seems that we are almost headed for one division in section 5 . I'm not sure but I think div 2 has 50+ teams and division one has 20,(section 5). I was just wondering if it was the same in other sections.

Oldguy75
You could probably get a snapshot of what you are looking for if you go to the coaches page on the armdrag home page. Once there, click on the NYS tournament at large info link. I believe there is a chart there that is used to determine placement points (not to be confused with power points) according to section. The chart breaks down the number of schools that wrestle in each section and division. I hope this helps.

Oldguy75

smash
Oldguy75 wrote:
You could probably get a snapshot of what you are looking for if you go to the coaches page on the armdrag home page. Once there, click on the NYS tournament at large info link. I believe there is a chart there that is used to determine placement points (not to be confused with power points) according to section. The chart breaks down the number of schools that wrestle in each section and division. I hope this helps.

Oldguy75

Thank you , that helps . You seem to be very knowledgable about wrestling and this website . You are definitely a bright spot and a reason why I am on this forum. Thanks again I will see what I can find!

Oldguy75
smash wrote:
Oldguy75 wrote:

Oldguy75

Thank you , that helps . You seem to be very knowledgable about wrestling and this website . You are definitely a bright spot and a reason why I am on this forum. Thanks again I will see what I can find!

I'm glad it helped. You flatter me Smash (thank you), but I'm just guy with too much free time on my hands.
Oldguy75

smash
Well thanks to (Oldguy) I did find some info and what I found is , section 6 is similar to section 5 in that is section 6 division one has 22 schools and division 2 has 37 , section one in d1 there is 34 teams and d2 there is 12 teams. Section 2 d1 has 19 teams And d2 has 40 which is similar to section 5 and 6. In section 3 I could only find d2 schools and there is 41 teams . Section four division 1 has ten teams and d2 has 32 teams . Now some of these numbers were from past years but as I was going through this info I was thinking, wow some of these division one schools are huge ! I know that for the most part division one has fewer schools than division 2 schools at least in the first six sections but some of the small schools are tiny towns. For instance East Rochester is pretty much a mile square with far less students than our neighboring towns of Fairport and Penfield.
I guess I'm happy they are two divisions because it opens up opportunities for more athletes . Not only a chance at states but more recognition for colleges. Obviously with this weather I'm completely bored out of my mind also!
Page 1 of 1