Unsportsmanlike Behavior View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Unsportsmanlike Behavior

TuskyTilt33
Not sure why my last thread was deleted, maybe some want to keep what happened under the rug, and don't want it to be seen where favoritism is being given..! A section 6 wrestler actions this past Saturday at Class AA tournament in Lancaster was beyond disgraceful and totally out of control. ALSO put spectators safety on harms way, when he flipped a table and threw a chair almost hitting a child. Not to mention other actions He done..!! This SHOULDN'T BE JUSTIFIED NOR LOOKED PAST. .This said wrestlers should be punished according to NYSPSAA rules and regulations under code of conduct and Sportsmanship. If they section 6 board members don't handle this appropriately I know a few people willing to contact every News Channel to shed light on this topic.There is no way this senior should be able to return to the mat next week, because that would be the next regular schedule event..! This type of behavior shouldn't be taken seriously and not looked past. What example is this setting for other wrestlers. .Oh wait, it says if your good enough and place at STATES your actions will be excuse d and you won't have any consequenceLockport school should also be taking some sort of action in this, this was his 2nd time this season acting like this..How many chances does 1 wrestler recieve..!! This brings SHARE to this spory, and I find it hard to believe Section 6 higher ups, won't handle this by the rules. .But it's being said they will allow him to wrestle at sectionals this weekend. SHAME ON SECTION 6,SHAME ON LOCKPORT HEAD COACH, SHAME ON LOCKPORT AD, SHAME ON THE WRESTLER for the actions..This is beyond trying 5o let this go, especially when just last week another wrestler was excused from being able to wrestle at Class A tournament because he threw a head gear, and hit a table..!! Rules should apply the same to everyone, not picking and choosing who gets what ..Really hope they make it right and handle it according to the RULES

Livinginthepast
You sound angry and almost like you have an ax to grind with the wrestler and the school. For all you know, something is happening right now and you don't even know it. You made your points in your first post. Once a stream gets personal, it's time for it to be deleted. You said your peace in more ways than one, so let the process happen, and if the wrestler is allowed to participate this coming weekend; trust that there is a reason. In the end, the head coach and the administration have to look in the mirror and tell themselves they made the correct decision. And then they have to face the team and the families. Have some faith in the process...

TuskyTilt33
Nothing is personal, Just highly disappointed in the way section 6 has handled these type of issues, Just last week a wrestler was not allowed to wrestle at Class A tournament because he threw a head gear and kicked a table..So they gave the harsh punishment on that, to DQ'd from competing this past weekend. Now this past Saturday another wrestler goes way beyond and throws chairs and table and actually put others in harmsway, because of his actions and he will still be able to wrestle. .Are you serious. ? Since when is that okay.? The punishment for ones actions should be done correctly and especially when one is alittle more serious then the other, Just because one wrestler is a senior and placed at states does not give special privileges to. And what's being said is that's exactly how it's being handled. As a parent of a section 6 wrestler it concerns us all based off how the section handles it, this is also a safety issue..Last I checked throwing furniture is dangerous and someone could've got hurt. SO YES I am airing this for all to read, because it been said the section is not taking this seriousand giving this wrestler yet another chance.. I mean this is not the 1 time it happened this season, it's more like 2 or 3rd time.. How many chances is one going to continue to get..So yes I have concerns, as should you..

TuskyTilt33
Also if you read what I wrote and responded to, nothing was said false or out of hand..only gave facts of what happened and how, Actually nothing inappropriate was said about neither wrestler. Only gave info on the topic, the only thing inappropriate was these wrestlers actions...Not sure what reason is a good reason to allow one to continue to wrestle after such terrible behavior and Sportsmanship. I guess time will tell, and surely hope it's handled correctly, and by the NYSPSAA rules..Special accommodations should not be givin..Like I said time will tell on this..Don't get mis understood iam not angry, only ashamed of some people in our section

BJB7
I believe the difference in these situations is that at Starpoint everyone saw what including the referees. At Lancaster it happened a few minutes after the loss and was only seen by a few people the rest is all hearsay and second hand information. I do not think anyone is receiving any special treatment I think it is a matter of where the incidents took place.
Page 1 of 1