Attica finished ahead of CA ?? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Attica finished ahead of CA ??

leg grabber
I agree with the last reply - let's put this to rest. FOR THE RECORD, it was a scrimmage. The wrestlers knew this before they even left for Hornell. Someone mentioned that Attica was missing three starters, this was true. Two of them did not feel good and asked, since it was a scrimmage, could they go home and rest since they had the Jamestown tournament coming up that weekend. The coach gave them the o.k. to do so. The third one had an injury that made no sense in risking further injury for a scrimmage. All three of these wrestlers had just placed at the Attica Tournament. Furthermore, every match that was wrestled was counted. Three of the bouts were with jv wrestlers. One jv wrestler, was his first wrestling match (96 lbs) and another was with an eighth grader who had passed the test to wrestle jv only, not varsity. So, I am not quite sure where the big debate is coming from. If the match would have had meaning or legitimacy, all three starters would have competed. Wrestlers would have been at normal weights. Coach Sheldon and his coaching staff have done a great job with Hornell's wrestling program over the years and I would expect that to continue. But, so have the coaches at Attica. Let's not tarnish the great relationship these two programs have demonstrated thru the years. And if this still does not bode well with you, and you are hell bent on a scrimmage deciding who the stronger team is, I am sure that i could convince coach romesser to set up another "scrimmage" now that we know what the value of winning a scrimmage is all about. Thanks for listening!!

novice182000
It is my hope that members of both teams are listening. Upon review of all the postings on this particular subject, it will do well for those of both teams to do so. It appears that both took the scrimmage too seriously.

Section5 2004
We knew it was a scrimmage, and talkin to Hornell it was just that to them. Some of them just wrestled Livonia 20 minutes b4 us, so this was different to say the least. We were gettin ready for Jamestown and had some sickness and injuries and Hornell was missin a starter so what's the problem. Good wrestling, better than a boring practice, we enjoyed wrestling them they are good competition. Thanks for comin to our tournament and Good luck in LCAA.

agey55
you're all losers, you say drop it and then you type an essay about it... grow up

and besides... I am no fan of Attica.. .but they are seriously underated this year... They win their class without question... unless wayne's in it, i'm not sure.