Section 6 teams View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Section 6 teams

ksl66
What happened to Daghestani? I'm hearing rumors that the GI coach attempted a two weight bump?

matmadness
GI had s legit complaint on the pin being after time ran out in period 1 138. That being said the GI wrestler was down 5-0 and likely wouldn't have pulled it out. 170 was straight forfeit and 220 was a JV wrestler for GI....add the 2 kids there and GI wins....but kids will be kids and miss meets if they can't behave

jessefeffer
matmadness wrote:
GI had s legit complaint on the pin being after time ran out in period 1 138. That being said the GI wrestler was down 5-0 and likely wouldn't have pulled it out. 170 was straight forfeit and 220 was a JV wrestler for GI....add the 2 kids there and GI wins....but kids will be kids and miss meets if they can't behave

The forfeit at 170 lb. was crucial. GI has a pretty good wrestler there, currently ranked #3 in section VI. In general, doing the wrong things = letting your team down. This is true no mattter what your talent and skill level is. It's an important lesson to learn.

Heisenberg
I was there as a wrestling fan, no dog in the fight.
The pin at 138 was major. GI kid seemed to have the upper hand until last 10 secs of 2nd period. I thought the pin was good. I was 20 ft away and it seemed like the ref slapped the mat at the same time the towel boy tapped him. Alot of parents had their cameras going, maybe some caught it on video.
I didnt know what was going on at 170. GI sent a kid to the table then forfeited.
220 was an exciting match. Lancaster kid was up about 5-0, then got headlocked and almost pinned. He rolled through and had the GI on his back and then pinned him. I did see the GI kid twirl his finger, but the ref missed it. Tough break.
Lancaster lower weights all did their jobs. 106 lbser looked to be giving up some muscle and didnt give up much points. Rozler and Harry earned majors.
Cant wait to see this again at the dual meet tournament.

matmadness
Heisenberg wrote:
I was there as a wrestling fan, no dog in the fight.
The pin at 138 was major. GI kid seemed to have the upper hand until last 10 secs of 2nd period. I thought the pin was good. I was 20 ft away and it seemed like the ref slapped the mat at the same time the towel boy tapped him. Alot of parents had their cameras going, maybe some caught it on video.
I didnt know what was going on at 170. GI sent a kid to the table then forfeited.
220 was an exciting match. Lancaster kid was up about 5-0, then got headlocked and almost pinned. He rolled through and had the GI on his back and then pinned him. I did see the GI kid twirl his finger, but the ref missed it. Tough break.
Lancaster lower weights all did their jobs. 106 lbser looked to be giving up some muscle and didnt give up much points. Rozler and Harry earned majors.
Cant wait to see this again at the dual meet tournament.

170 issue was the jv wrestler that was filling in had a morning weigh in too low to jump 2 classes
220 was very exciting...went both ways and no complaints
lower weights are tough for GI but Lancaster has that edge...
99 GI Bielec is a lil beast
106 Lan wrestler is young and a club wrestler and wasnt quite ready for a much more mature GI sophmore with 2 years now on varsity.....wonder what happened with Bolognese there for Lancaster?
113 Lan Rozler is a very good wrestler...Will benefit with Mcdougald being up at 120/126 this year
120 GI Miller is a freshman vs Harry a senior....GI went distance with no pin allowed....excited to see that

Def like to see these teams wrestle again at duals

Poecat
I just looked at the results and one match in particular that stood out to me was Breeden beating Stencel. I know Breeden is damn good, but isn't this an upset? Nobody seemed to talk about this match.

Heisenberg
Yep, probably considered an upset. I got the vibe that these 2 would probably split 50/50 if they wrestled 10 times. Are they both gonna stay at 160?

choppy
it was 8-1

BJB7
Heisenberg wrote:
Yep, probably considered an upset. I got the vibe that these 2 would probably split 50/50 if they wrestled 10 times. Are they both gonna stay at 160?

Definitely an upset the score was 8-2 and the last two times they wrestled Stencel won 10-3 last year and 9-1 the previous season. Breeden looked real tough.

1st Period 0-0
2nd period Breeden goes down ends up reversing Stencel and catching him a in a turk and puts him to his back for 3 near fall. Stencel battles off his back and they roll around some more and Breeden catches him again for another set of NF 8-0 at the end of 2.
3rd period Stencel goes down and Breeden had a good tough ride going until about :20 left when Stencel reversed him.
Final 8-2.

choppy
these two are some of our sections best and they both will be celebrated in the end.

jessefeffer
Falconer wrestles Pioneer in match #4 of day 1 of the Dick Vincent Duals, so this should be getting underway soon. I see Falconer the favorite in 6 matches, Pioneer in 5 and I have no clue in the other 4. IMO, keys are who presents first at 152 and what happens at 99, 120, 126 and 132. I hope someone can provide the results by about dinner time. If it was a day 2 match up, I could have gone. Oh well. It's what happens om 1/20 that matters the most anyhow.

LCAAFan194
Day 1 results of the Dick Vincent duals are posted. Pioneer defeats Falconer 38-30. However both teams fall to section V D2 school Canisteo-Greenwood

jessefeffer
LCAAFan194 wrote:
Day 1 results of the Dick Vincent duals are posted. Pioneer defeats Falconer 38-30. However both teams fall to section V D2 school Canisteo-Greenwood

Looks like C-G is the favorite to win the section V DII dual championship which is set for next weekend, apparently. I knew they had some nice state quality wrestlers returning but did not know that they had a good overall team this year.

I have only seen Falconer's lineup for their dual with Letchworth but that one had 3 backups in. They have a shot to be a tougher dual team by 1/20 and will need to be so to get past Pioneer and Iroquois and into the state dual tournament.

Tim.Finnegan84
So for this section 6 dual tournament is every school invited or is it the top 3 in each division ?

jessefeffer
Tim.Finnegan84 wrote:
So for this section 6 dual tournament is every school invited or is it the top 3 in each division ?

Schools had to apply for consderation by 12/15. A committee will apply a formula to a team's stated dual meet record and then select 8 accordingly. Last year CCAC II champion Randolph was not selected and the committee took a 5th team from CCAC I which was likely to have been Gowanda. In my mind, any league champ deserves to be there. Anything beyond that, at large bids per se, should be by the section's stated formula. Seedings may be done accordingly.
Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next