2 completely separate teams, 1 school View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
2 completely separate teams, 1 school

matburn
Site Admin
Does anyone know if a single HS can field 2 completely separate varsity teams? I'm not talking A & B teams, where you can switch from the A to the B team whenever you want; I'm talking separate teams that would have separate schedules and be under the same transfer rules as if they were separate schools.

Do you have an example of a team (any sport) that has done this?

WrestlerofthePast
No way this would be allowed to happen. I don't know this for a fact, but that's my inclination.

dbates35
^Expert analysis

This may have been the case at Sachem before that school district split.

matburn
Site Admin
Here's a related question. We know that a single district can sponsor many teams in the same sport. We all know that lots of districts with multiple high schools do this.

Fairport is a unique situation where their freshmen go to a different school (Minerva DeLand) than 10-12. If numbers & quality of athletes supported it, could Minerva DeLand have their own varsity wrestling team, completely separate from the HS? And by separate I mean their BEDS number would be split and they could even enter a team into Sectionals?

Oldskool
matburn wrote:
Here's a related question. We know that a single district can sponsor many teams in the same sport. We all know that lots of districts with multiple high schools do this.

Fairport is a unique situation where their freshmen go to a different school (Minerva DeLand) than 10-12. If numbers & quality of athletes supported it, could Minerva DeLand have their own varsity wrestling team, completely separate from the HS? And by separate I mean their BEDS number would be split and they could even enter a team into Sectionals?

I suppose they could but quality? A varsity team of all Freshman?

WrestlerofthePast
dbates,

I'm glad my response motivated you to sign up, register, and post. You made my day! Happy New Year!
Page 1 of 1