Congrats Rangers View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Congrats Rangers

mattime
Section 5 Dual team Championship teams that have requested to participate: Brockport, Churchville-Chili, Fairport, Hilton, Spencerport, Webster Thomas.
The duals are set for Saturday January 6th at Hilton High School. I believe it will be bracketed and, if so, I see Spencerport at 1, WT at 2, Hilton at 3, Fairport at 4, Brockport at 5, CC at 6. Just my best guess. There should be some great wrestling as wrestlers are down to their certified weights, teams will be rested, and healed from any early season injurys. See you at Hilton on the 6th.

Smoothrider wrote:
the kind one wrote:
Livinginthepast wrote:
I'm a little surprised at Hilton's start and have to say, some younger, less experienced wrestlers are doing well and wrestling hard. They are the team to beat in duals, but possibly Spencerport or Penfield will fight for the sectional title. To say Gross hasn't built anything would be irresponsible. Although he has had some great one come at the right time, and most of them get their coaching in the 'garage,' he has done a nice job building the camaraderie of the program, etc. Not easy to do when you have greatness on a team. He has done well and this year's team proves he can coach and he knows what he is doing.

How is Hilton the team to beat in duals? Didn’t they lose to Webster Thomas? The same WT that lost to Spencerport? Just wondering your logic!???

Well I guess will be able to see come the section v dual meet tournament !!!

tampacuse
I think some of you guys/girls on here don't really now coaching. Quite a few of those (less experienced kids) HAVE been wrestling awhile ( six years plus) those are the kids from the youth program.

Livinginthepast
the kind one wrote:
Livinginthepast wrote:
I'm a little surprised at Hilton's start and have to say, some younger, less experienced wrestlers are doing well and wrestling hard. They are the team to beat in duals, but possibly Spencerport or Penfield will fight for the sectional title. To say Gross hasn't built anything would be irresponsible. Although he has had some great one come at the right time, and most of them get their coaching in the 'garage,' he has done a nice job building the camaraderie of the program, etc. Not easy to do when you have greatness on a team. He has done well and this year's team proves he can coach and he knows what he is doing.

How is Hilton the team to beat in duals? Didn’t they lose to Webster Thomas? The same WT that lost to Spencerport? Just wondering your logic!???

Forgot about that one, but that was in a dual meet tournament the first weekend. Sorry about the lack of logic...

omgomgomgomg
tampacuse wrote:
In my view( I'm not a Spencerport guy!) Spencerport will be the team to beat. They have the most complete team top to bottom. Congrats to Glover. Unfortunately HILTON doesn't put enough into there youth. "Gross" has been handed great kids. Hasn't built anything.

tampacuse wrote:
I think some of you guys/girls on here don't really now coaching. Quite a few of those (less experienced kids) HAVE been wrestling awhile ( six years plus) those are the kids from the youth program.

I don't quite follow you...

ringworm2000
Hilton has some very dedicated youth coaches who run a good program. Yes Hilton benefits from the garage and a lot of the young kids were groomed at G2. But you have to give the H.S. coaches credit. they have a team with outstanding commradie, and they all compete hard. Don’t discount what they do for the kids. And if you watch them at tournaments they fight for all there kids. Hats off to Hilton, and I am not from Hilton.

Oldskool
If your not a hs coach, you have no idea what they deal with day to day.

goodshots
tampacuse, I had no idea you were such an important part of the HILTON program. So, you must know all the extra things coach Gross does for his program. Staying after practice for extra drilling sessions, conditioning work, weight lifting, teaching these young men and women about responsibility, community involvement, sportsmanship, and most importantly.. accountability for one's actions. Tell us, who again do you coach for.. We would all like to know the blue print on how to run a top notch program.

tampacuse
(Goodshots). there is Alot you don't know.

Mayo08
Oldskool wrote:

Amen to that.
Every day is something. A different fire to put out every day, a different plan, a new adjustment. A whoooole lot goes sight unseen.

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

Oldskool
Mayo08 wrote:
Oldskool wrote:

Amen to that.
Every day is something. A different fire to put out every day, a different plan, a new adjustment. A whoooole lot goes sight unseen.

"A different fire to put out every day" ....thats the truth!

Ihavegout
Oh please. Here we go again. slapping each other on the back. It won't be long till they suck again.

Crotalus
Heard Spencerport just pulled out of Barnard tour. This late in the year. Dont wanna try Hilton again...

subway101
Crotalus wrote:
Heard Spencerport just pulled out of Barnard tour. This late in the year. Dont wanna try Hilton again...

I doubt that. They need the matches since they had to drop out of Lockport last week due to the weather. I don't think they are worried. They have had a solid season after a few years of rebuilding. It may turn out different than the dual since this is individual. Looking for some good wrestling any way you slice it.

Raider92
Crotalus wrote:

Or maybe they have a much bigger dual meet tournament coming up next weekend at the State Dual meet championships, the coaches are being smart and giving their wrestlers a weekend off to get healthy (physically and mentally) so they can peek at the right time. Smart move Spencerport...nothing left to prove in Section V dual meets.

Gotta give them credit they have a really good team and have built the program back up to what people in Section V have come to expect from Spencerport. And I am not a Spencerport resident or graduate....but Section V wrestling is more fun when they are good. It's like the Yankess and Red Sox, doesn't matter if you like them, baseball is more fun when they are dueling each other for the World Series.

All of Section V should be rooting for them to do well in the State Dual Meet....I know I will be.

Good Luck Rangers make Section V proud.

Crotalus
There out and it is a dual meet formula . Just not cool to pull out that late. Luckily lots of teams missed matches . Roy hart filling in. They had state duals on there team calendar.So ok good move you could send some b kid guys.
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next