yes

madmami
cuchi1970 wrote:
Class AA will be at Kenmore West
Class A will be at Sweet Home
Class B will be at Cheektowaga
Class C will be at Falconer
Class D will be at Portville

Just read today Class as will be at Ken-west.. that's nice.. but maybe only because Lancaster is hosting team duals. So really nothing has changed with Lancaster hosting.. I also noticed NT is hosting sectionals again, so no rotation really.. Just wondering how other schools can host, what's needed and how to go about it.. other teams could use that booster money also..just a thought

Heisenberg
Has Niagara Falls ever hosted D1 sectionals? They have a huge gym, nice seating, very close to the 190, lots of parking. I’d like to see them give it a try.

BJB7
madmami wrote:
cuchi1970 wrote:
Class AA will be at Kenmore West
Class A will be at Sweet Home
Class B will be at Cheektowaga
Class C will be at Falconer
Class D will be at Portville

Just read today Class as will be at Ken-west.. that's nice.. but maybe only because Lancaster is hosting team duals. So really nothing has changed with Lancaster hosting.. I also noticed NT is hosting sectionals again, so no rotation really.. Just wondering how other schools can host, what's needed and how to go about it.. other teams could use that booster money also..just a thought

They are always looking for schools to host so it's really no conspiracy or favoritism. Lancaster is hosting duals because we can fit 8 mats in one gym. If you look at the beginiing of every season class, sectionals are always listed as TBA. So the question should be asked to NW why they don't submit to host.

132nomore
I’m a li guy
Not sure we have a HS gym that can fit more than 6
8 mats in one gym is nice

jessefeffer
Nice breakdown of Section VI duals for I/II on the front page of Armdrag. I do not know who Matt O'Rourke is but he writes with some unusually informed opinions on Section VI wrestling which is unique to our area. I looked at the DII matchups and could not state with any confidence who would win Iroquois/Pioneer or Falconer/ Pioneer / Iroquois. They all seem tight to me. Last year Falconer/Pioneer had 6 matches that were OT and/or decided by 2 points or less in a match that was ultimately decided by criteria. How do you predict something that tight with any precision? I give him credit for trying.

I really hope to get there but my wife works, son has an ear infection and daughter has ballet class. Fate is conspring against me getting there. Rats.

Heisenberg
I left with 2 matches to go, Lancaster had clinched it since they were up 33-17. Lancaster definitely looked like a team on a mission. Can someone post the final score, also final score of the D2 match. Thank you.

cuchi1970
Heisenberg wrote:
I left with 2 matches to go, Lancaster had clinched it since they were up 33-17. Lancaster definitely looked like a team on a mission. Can someone post the final score, also final score of the D2 match. Thank you.

Lancaster 39 vs GI 23

Falconer 64 over Alden-Akron 11
Weight FCV ALAK
120 Hunter Teboe (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Cole Kissell (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Dec 4-3) 3 0
126 Thomas Fischer (Alden-Akron Sr HS) over Tony Fiasco (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) (Dec 8-6) 0 3
132 Jimmy Kramer (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Owen Kissell (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (MD 8-0) 4 0
138 Nick Saeger (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Cristian Humbert (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Fall 0:36) 6 0
145 Jordan Dustin (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Gage Baumler (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Fall 4:39) 6 0
152 Dylan Ingrao (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Hunter Oldenski (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Fall 3:47) 6 0
160 Dan Torres (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Robbie PeQueen (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Dec 11-9) 3 0
170 Jacob Sarow (Alden-Akron Sr HS) over Bryce Baglia (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) (Dec 9-6) 0 3
182 Robbie Penhollow (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Brady Jensen (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Fall 0:31) 6 0
195 Dillon Hokanson (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Unknown (For.) 6 0
220 Corey Keefe (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Millard Young (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Fall 0:14) 6 0
285 Chase Johnson (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Bair Jacobs (Alden-Akron Sr HS) (Fall 0:54) 6 0
99 Brodie Little (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Unknown (For.) 6 0
106 Brayden Newman (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) over Unknown (For.) 6 0
113 Josh Cummings (Alden-Akron Sr HS) over Unknown (For.) 0 6

Misconduct at 152 0 -1.00
Team Score: 64 11

madmami
What was the misconduct at 152 about ?

Heisenberg
Congrats to Lancaster on their D1 win. I was hoping for an on-the-edge of your seat final, but a 24-0 lead kinda killed that idea. Lancaster wrestlers really beared down and took the close matches. Good luck guys. Wrestle tough in Syracuse.

I’m an NW guy, so it was nice to see our young, undermanned team fight hard for 3rd.

I didnt get a chance to see any D2 action, but it sounded louder on that side than the D1 side. Congrats to Falconer as well.

All in all, not to bad a day at the fieldhouse. Not much seating, but being able to stand close to the mats for finals was a plus.
I think if they had put the mats 4 to the center instead of 4 down 1 side, it might have opened up more viewing space. Just a thought.

jessefeffer
I heard some disparaging talk about #1 seed Olean and their schedule while at the Section Dual tournament. Here's what I think to be true:

1) They have a younger, less experienced team than their more recent ones and scheduled accordingly.

2) Two years ago they had a much stronger team and for which they scheduled much tougher. I think they are the most likely team to have won a Section VI DII dual tournament in 2016. Falconer nipped them in a league dual match and it dropped them from 1 to 4 in the WRWNY poll. They went on to win the class B tournament and send 3 kids to the state tournament.

3) Their #1 seed is the result of a screwy seeding system that 1) recognizes a teams winning% is not a good indicator of their overall strength and then turns around and awards bonus points based on their defeated opponents winning%. So which is it? Wiining % is a poor measure of a team's strength or a good one?

4) I don't think they tried to game the system, they were just the unwitting beneficiaries of it.

Last edited by jessefeffer on Jan 22, 2018; edited 1 time in total

jessefeffer
jessefeffer wrote:
I heard some disparaging talk about #1 seed Olean and their schedule while at the Section Dual tournament. Here's what I think to be true:

1) They have a younger, less experienced team than their more recent ones and scheduled accordingly.

2) Two years ago they had a much stronger team and for which they scheduled much tougher. I think they are the most likely team to have won a Section VI DII dual tournament in 2016. Falconer nipped them in a league dual match and it dropped them from 1 to 4 in the WRWNY poll. They went on to win the class B tournament and send 3 kids to the state tournament.

3) Their #1 seed is the result of a screwy seeding system that 1) recognizes a teams winning% is not a good indicator of their overall strength and then turns around and awards bonus points based on their defeated opponents winning%. So which is it? Wiining % is a poor measure of a team's strength or a good one?

4) I don't think they tried to game the system, they were just the unwitting beneficiaries of it.

Last edited by jessefeffer on Jan 22, 2018; edited 1 time in total

BJB7
The system actually does not award by winning %. You max out at 12 points no matter if you are 20-0. You get points for quality wins 10 for teams that have a winning % over 90% 5 For over 80% and 3 for over 70%.

jessefeffer
Read a little closer. What I said about winning% is that it is not recognized as a good measure (hence the max +12) but bonus points are awarded based a on defeated opponent's winning%. Hence, it's not used for a measure of a team's strength but is used as measure of how strong their defeated opponents are. That's how Olean got a #1 seed.

jessefeffer
By the way, the fieldhouse was a fine venue. Not too cold and lots of space to move around. I could have used some bout sheets posted somewhere to track the results better. If they were up anywhere, I missed them.
Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next