State Dual Championships- Complaints View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
State Dual Championships- Complaints

the kind one
For being the debut event the lack of anytype of live coverage was very disappointing. How could you not have trackwrestling or a similar service providing bout by bout coverage??

Why not have the teams wrestleback to place a top 6? It would of kept the crowd there for all the days activities. We know the top 2 teams, why not decide who the 3rd, 4th place teams are??

Oldskool
Id like to atleast see the box scores to see how Section V did.

Falcs96
Great points. At the very least, the team's who lost in the semis should have wrestled for third. Also, give ALL the awards out at the end, so you get a nice finals crowd......like they do at states. The crowd for the finals was just the families of the kids on the 4 teams left. Not good.

And one more thing........would it kill them to announce the wrestlers names before each finals match?? I get not doing it for the prior rounds, but all the "who's this?" questions from the crowd should not have to happen.

Wrestle10
I think for being the first year overall it went very well. It was organized, there was plenty of room/seating for fans. I would have liked more seating for the teams though. They only put 10 chairs for each team and most teams had 3-5 coaches. It didn't leave much room for the wrestlers. There was a fair amount of space around the mats for wrestlers to warm up on which was also nice.

one thing I did notice was that if the tournament grows and they can attract more fans, only having one concession area may become a problem.

One big fix they should make is wrestling to 4th place.

BJB7
There were two concession stands one upper and one lower level.

jessefeffer
From one who could not attend, the lack of live, online coverage was extremely disappointing. I think the ECIC JV tournament was a live TrackWrestling event.

I think the dual between the seeded teams should not be the first of the morning. I find that somewhat weird. Generally, this should be the "main event" of the pool and should be the one featured in round 3.

Oldskool
Is there somewhere to find results? individual matches

Last edited by Oldskool on Jan 29, 2018; edited 1 time in total

Falcs96
"I think the dual between the seeded teams should not be the first of the morning. I find that somewhat weird."

I understand what you're saying, and it certainly sounds logical. But I think the thinking behind it is that if seeded correctly (barring upsets), the top seeds in every pool will be going to the semi-finals. So they are giving those kids third round byes so they get some rest and a chance to get a bite to eat before the semis begin. I don't completely disagree with that thinking, because the semis did not start long after the final pool round ended.
Page 1 of 1