I am sorry but we need to discuss officiating in Section V View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
I am sorry but we need to discuss officiating in Section V

WrestlerofthePast
Folks....

State caliber wrestling oppose to in-season wrestling is like comparing apples and oranges. At States, you're seeing equally minded, superior skilled, up-tempo wrestling which will garner the first period stall calls. A typical in-season wrestling match, more times than not, is NOT wrestled at the same tempo. Often there is lopsided matches where stall calls in the first are not necessarily needed. Are calls missed? Absolutely, but some of you make it sound like they're missed all the time. I don't think that's the case in my opinion.

BJB7
Agree that the pace is different but the State Qualifer should at least be called the same as the State tournament. When a kid backs up in the first for 1:30 and then finally takes a shot and scores off it and then does nothing for the next 4 minutes with a worthless stall call at like :30 to go is not the same officiating. This same kid will go to Albany and lose and wonder why he got hit for stalling in the 1st period because that's how he always wrestles.

Raider92
I think what every needs and wants is consistency. Stalling is stalling no matter what period your in, and whether your winning or losing should not determine if you stalling or not. Biggest pet peeve that is allowed is the kids who rides parallel for an entire period. That by definition is stalling and it is only called by a few referees.....again back to consistency.
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2