Best State Final Matches You've Seen View previous topic | View next topic

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Best State Final Matches You've Seen

WrestlerofthePast
I thought the officiating was top notch. I didn't think anyone got screwed in any of the championship matches.

Falcs96
Amount of shots someone takes does not factor into a result. You are talking about something completely different.

If you're going to blow the whistle and stop action when a kids on his feet and trying to escape, you have to make the correct call. And that was the furthest thing from a "stalemate".

And I'm far from being a Section 11 fan. Greg D. winning did my section a favor at that time, so I was all for it.

Last edited by Falcs96 on Feb 25, 2018; edited 2 times in total

Smoothrider
Falcs96 wrote:
Amount of shots someone takes does not factor into a result. The amount of shots you take depends on whom your wrestling. You are talking about something completely different.

What I’m saying is Ryder didn’t do anything for 6 mins Greg did all the action. Ryder should have been at least warned in regulation.

Heisenberg
It seemed like it was the same situation as the previous stall warning, holding onto 1 leg. Stalemate call seemed iffy. And who was the guy with the suit and mustache that came out on the mat to kinda OK the call ?

Falcs96
That's exactly it!! You give 2 stall warnings, then the kid does the exact same thing again and you call a stalemate???? Makes no sense.

The guy with the suit and mustache was the Head of Damage Control. 😂

Smoothrider
Falcs96 wrote:
That's exactly it!! You give 2 stall warnings, then the kid does the exact same thing again and you call a stalemate???? Makes no sense.

In UTB the ref has to call a stalemate before he calls stalling. The rules changed after Teemer v Silverstein final match a few years back.

Falcs96
So in effect, the kid gets 3 warnings? Awesome.

WrestlerofthePast
Smoothrider wrote:
Falcs96 wrote:

In UTB the ref has to call a stalemate before he calls stalling. The rules changed after Teemer v Silverstein final match a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Teemer+v+Silverstein+wrestling+finals

Realdeal135
Falcs96 wrote:
So in effect, the kid gets 3 warnings? Awesome.

The rule says in ultimate tie breaker the ref has to call a stalemate first then stalling and diakomihalis was working up if anything the ref called the stalemate too quick

LCAAFan194
Found this on the NFHS wrestling points of emphasis page;

"The ultimate tiebreaker presents a different format when it comes to stalling. The referee should take into account that the
offensive wrestler does not have to score to win, and can win by controlling the defensive wrestlers for 30 seconds. If the d efensive
wrestler scores, the match is concluded. This could be by an escape, reversal or through a penalty point(s). If the offensive wrestler
scores, the match is also concluded. If neither wrestler scores, the offensive wrestler will be awarded one point and declared the
winner.
To ensure that the offensive wrestler does not take advantage of the 30 seconds by just grabbing onto a body part(s) and holding
on, a stalemate should be called immediately after determining that the offensive wrestler has grabbed onto a body part(s) so lely in
an effort to prevent the defensive wrestler from scoring. Wrestling will resume from the offensive starting position on the mat; if the
offensive wrestler uses a similar tactic again, stalling should be called and penalized accordingly."

Typically, it is not called in utb. It is up to the ref to determine whether the wrestler is simply holding on or trying to return the other wrestler to the mat. Tough position to be in, especially when a state berth is on the line.

Straight out of the National Federation Points of Emphasis. In the ultimate tie breaker the first “stallling” situation is called as if a stalemate. The 2nd time it happens would be deemed stalling. Therefore a situation that was ruled stalling in regulation, sudden death, or OT may result in a stalemate in the Ultimate Tiebreaker

Falcs96
Thanks for posting. There were a alot of confused people in the building. I never cared much for the UTB to begin with, but at least now I know the rule. And give credit to Greg for knowing it too!

Heisenberg
Thanks LCAAFAN, Sounds like the correct call was made.
I hope the sea of Ryder fans sitting all around me read this.
Like me, I dont think they knew of that rule.