Kropman got screwed View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kropman got screwed

duddems
Thanks for video wrestlerofthepast!

WrestlerofthePast
BJB7 actually found it first, I just googled to find the video he saw. I was hoping to see the entire match.

Smoothrider
Another wrestler that was screwed was Justin Vines from section 8. The ref called probably one of the worst locked hands calls I’ve ever seen. Just saw it on YouTube looked like a section 5 ref.

SpencyRanger
Smoothrider wrote:
Another wrestler that was screwed was Justin Vines from section 8. The ref called probably one of the worst locked hands calls I’ve ever seen. Just saw it on YouTube looked like a section 5 ref.

You can see the official point....Vines tries to return him and failed but kept locked hands. Especially once Willie faced him and wasn't on two feet....that's locked hands the way I've seen it called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khrue49IYf0

LCAAFan194
Just watched the video, looked like locked hands to me. Doesn’t look like Vines coaches questioned it at all. If it was one of the worst calls ever made they would have been at the table looking for an explanation

madmami
Vines locked hands, we were down close and it was clear as day. He even said after the match that he did. He has also done it in the match at eastern states. Just stop Willie out WRESTLED him flat out and finally got that WIN.. He worked day after day preparing for that match. Do not try to insult him by saying it was a bad call, when that was one of the fairest calls made.. Congrats to Willie.. on that sweet win..

Also congrats to Cooper on 3rd place finish. Next year i have no doubt you will make that climb higher..

Smoothrider
SpencyRanger wrote:
Smoothrider wrote:

You can see the official point....Vines tries to return him and failed but kept locked hands. Especially once Willie faced him and wasn't on two feet....that's locked hands the way I've seen it called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khrue49IYf0

When the ref called it it wasn’t locked hands. McDougald was standing up.

ringworm2000
i don’t disagree that the call was late. But as I was watching everyone of us was screaming locked hands for what seems like a few seconds before it was called. There is no doubt it was locked hands.

Kropman will be a three or two timer. He’s a beast and has been since 7th grade. Don’t worry about him. His future is very bright. when it’s all said and done he’ll be a top 10 guy in the nation as his weight with his pick of colleges. Bad call or not this year makes no difference in the long run.

Falcs96
It was the right call, but the rule of not stopping action and restarting after the point is bad. Especially in 2OT.

LCAAFan194
The locked hands appears to be away from the head official, he can’t see it through Vines body. You can see the assistant referee move in closer and advise the head official of the violation. That is when he makes the signal, regardless if it was late or not it’s still locked hands. That is why an assistant referee is used in state finals, referees are sometimes caught out of position. It’s hard to guess which way the wrestlers will move, to stay in the perfect position all the time.

Mayo08
About Vines/McDougald - Mike Fox made a great call. Credit to him, for sure. I wasn't the only person near me saying "locked hands." Definitely a good call on that.

About Kropman/Grippi, the video shown doesn't prove/disprove anything because the clock isn't shown. The action went to the left of the scorer's table, and in a hurry. Everyone moved left and the towel guy was in a hurry to get there. Myself and others in media row (to be fair, Section V guys) thought the tag was late. A couple officials near us weren't sure because it was so close but did say they felt the towel guy or assistant official needed to be in a position so that he could see both the clock and the action.

Either way, it was close (clearly close as we're here arguing the point) and a wrestler of Kropman's caliber is going to learn from that unfortunate outcome, and hopefully we all do as fans, parents, athletes and coaches. Close call or not, 4 seconds left from a restart... can't let that happen, can't let it get that close

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

duddems
Sorry to say kropman stopped wrestling and gave away what would have been a great win. He wrestled very well and has such a bright future ahead that he needs to wear shades. Tough break, learn from it and keep working...your time will come
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2