New York wrestling news high school team rankings. View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
New York wrestling news high school team rankings.

Poecat
Dual wise Windsor won't be a fair assessment. Other than the obvious being it's a tournament. Some schools aren't bringing their entire team. Indian River is one of them. Then there's the fact there's a bunch of state ranked kids there. It's a very tough tournament. Take a look at its write up.

https://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/980134

jessefeffer
Poecat wrote:
Dual wise Windsor won't be a fair assessment. Other than the obvious being it's a tournament. Some schools aren't bringing their entire team. Indian River is one of them. Then there's the fact there's a bunch of state ranked kids there. It's a very tough tournament. Take a look at its write up.

https://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/980134

As a measure of strength vs. the other ranked section IV teams? I suspect Windsor (the host) and Norwich are likely to send their entire teams. You can look for head-to-head matchups or look at the quality of a lineup top-to-bottom by quantity of place winners and the quality of their performances. NYWN has Tioga as #2 in the state, NYSSWA has them at #15 and CNYWrestling has them at #3 in section IV. I think #2 is too high but not by much. I predict that they will prove to be #1 in section IV and much better than #15 in the state. I think there will be evidence to support all of this at this tournament. Not direct evidence but evidence none-the-less.

So, Poecat, where would you rank Tioga within section IV and the state? I think they are #1 and somewhere in the #4 to #7 range in NYS.

Poecat
I def think they are 1 in the section. State 7-9 somewhere. They look good here. Although I think Windsor missing couple guys. Windsor would give them a run.

LImarty
LOL.....Trix are for kids. RANKINGs are just subjective nonsense for almost moron's to debate . Most of these RANKING's Makers haven't seen any Team south of Monroe Woodbury- for the last 40 yrs.

provocateur
What Marty is trying to say is "Congratulations to Hilton for having the best high school wrestling team in New York".

Falcs96
At least Hilton will have to prove it on the mat though. Yes, on paper right now, they'd be number one. But Marty is right. The guy who makes the rankings hasn't the foggiest idea regarding 90% of the state.

provocateur
Marty's opinion is of no consequence. From now on #1 will be determined on the mat. But I think that UE was a pretty good indicator of the best teams in the past.

faceinthemat
agreed, UE was the best indicator
Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3