D2 Wildcard Predictions View previous topic | View next topic


Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
D2 Wildcard Predictions


quickpick
Joined: Jan 9, 2015
Posts: 259
An early very UNOFFICIAL list, just to get some idea as to who will go. New point system with win/loss percentage being the factor rather than wins-losses. Anyway, here is how I spent my Sunday afternoon. Didn't look up any competition points, they don't really add up to much and it's way too much time. SR=Season record points, PL= Placement points, and we all get 10 power points. (SR+PL+PO)=total points. Not sure what the magic number is this year but my guess is 115+ is a pretty safe number. It all depends on the weight though, and losses throughout the state will affect some of these. Looks like we'll send quite a few.

99- Woodward- True second place so can't be jumped (69+25+10)=104
Kurtz- (76+20+10)= 106

106- Noto- Affronti lost to Monger, Noto has a H2H against Affronti though (67+35+10)=112
Affronti- (65+20+10)=95

113- Terwillinger- True second, can't be jumped (69+40+10)=119
Crane- Tons of points here (78+45+10)=133

120- Burgess- True second (71+60+10)=141
Gaiser- (70+35+10)=115

126- McDonnell- No true second, no H2H over Stinson, can be jumped w/ more points (71+45+10)=126
Stinson- (63+30+10)=103

132- J. Smith- No true second, no in season H2H, can be jumped- (66+25+10)=101
Stewart- (71+40+10)=121

138- Englerth- True second (72+55+10)=137
Tompkins- (67+20+10)=97

145- Farrell- True second, can't be jumped (76+50+10)=136
Billett- (65+30+10)=105

152- Davis- No true second, no H2H, can be jumped (75+50+10)=135
Cook- (74+20+10)= 104

160- Howe- No true second, can be jumped (66+25+10)=101
Fregoe- (67+30+10)=107

170- W. Smith- No true second but has a H2H over Bush which keeps him safe here (76+50+10)=141
Bush- (70+20+10)=100

182- Wolfanger- True second, can't be jumped (69+50+10)=129
Grimes- (67+20+10)=97

195- Ali- True second, can't be jumped (70+25+10)=105
Marr- Has more points but has to get carried with Ali (76+40+10)= 126

220- Sykora- Would be the first guy to go from J-T! No true second, can be jumped (75+40+10)=125
Fidanza- (77+20+10)=107

285- Barrett- No true second, has 2 losses to Mundell, will be jumped (61+25+10)=96
Mundell- (69+20+10)=99


wrestlinggrandpa
Joined: Mar 17, 2014
Posts: 31
quickpick wrote:
An early very UNOFFICIAL list, just to get some idea as to who will go. New point system with win/loss percentage being the factor rather than wins-losses. Anyway, here is how I spent my Sunday afternoon. Didn't look up any competition points, they don't really add up to much and it's way too much time. SR=Season record points, PL= Placement points, and we all get 10 power points. (SR+PL+PO)=total points. Not sure what the magic number is this year but my guess is 115+ is a pretty safe number. It all depends on the weight though, and losses throughout the state will affect some of these. Looks like we'll send quite a few.

99- Woodward- True second place so can't be jumped (69+25+10)=104
Kurtz- (76+20+10)= 106

106- Noto- Affronti lost to Monger, Noto has a H2H against Affronti though (67+35+10)=112
Affronti- (65+20+10)=95

113- Terwillinger- True second, can't be jumped (69+40+10)=119
Crane- Tons of points here (78+45+10)=133

120- Burgess- True second (71+60+10)=141
Gaiser- (70+35+10)=115

126- McDonnell- No true second, no H2H over Stinson, can be jumped w/ more points (71+45+10)=126
Stinson- (63+30+10)=103

132- J. Smith- No true second, no in season H2H, can be jumped- (66+25+10)=101
Stewart- (71+40+10)=121

138- Englerth- True second (72+55+10)=137
Tompkins- (67+20+10)=97

145- Farrell- True second, can't be jumped (76+50+10)=136
Billett- (65+30+10)=105

152- Davis- No true second, no H2H, can be jumped (75+50+10)=135
Cook- (74+20+10)= 104

160- Howe- No true second, can be jumped (66+25+10)=101
Fregoe- (67+30+10)=107

170- W. Smith- No true second but has a H2H over Bush which keeps him safe here (76+50+10)=141
Bush- (70+20+10)=100

182- Wolfanger- True second, can't be jumped (69+50+10)=129
Grimes- (67+20+10)=97

195- Ali- True second, can't be jumped (70+25+10)=105
Marr- Has more points but has to get carried with Ali (76+40+10)= 126

220- Sykora- Would be the first guy to go from J-T! No true second, can be jumped (75+40+10)=125
Fidanza- (77+20+10)=107

285- Barrett- No true second, has 2 losses to Mundell, will be jumped (61+25+10)=96
Mundell- (69+20+10)=99


Props to you for spending all that time!


strutter
Joined: Sep 28, 2011
Posts: 56
I have #138 Englerth at 132 pts. Did I miss something?


antiquerassler
Joined: Feb 20, 2015
Posts: 34
Two Englerths, one at 132, one at 138.


quickpick
Joined: Jan 9, 2015
Posts: 259
strutter wrote:
I have #138 Englerth at 132 pts. Did I miss something?


You are correct, I had his 5th place finish as the 2016-17. That was his finish in 2015-16 so he is actually at 132pts. not 137. That's still probably enough for the A1/A2 I would guess.


antiquerassler
Joined: Feb 20, 2015
Posts: 34
Sr. Josh Englerth finished 4th at 132, Junior Andrew Englerth finished 2nd at 138.


smokinferro
Joined: Nov 17, 2010
Posts: 209
I have Justin Smith with 141 points. He should be an A1 or A2.


quickpick
Joined: Jan 9, 2015
Posts: 259
smokinferro wrote:
I have Justin Smith with 141 points. He should be an A1 or A2.


I missed his prior finishes. Armdrag didn’t have them listed with his previous awards under his name which is how I looked. That point total should be correct however, what is the adjustment for moving up more than 2 weights in a year? He took second at 99 in 2017, then 3rd at 120 last year.


quickpick
Joined: Jan 9, 2015
Posts: 259
antiquerassler wrote:
Sr. Josh Englerth finished 4th at 132, Junior Andrew Englerth finished 2nd at 138.


I agree, we’re talking about points, not pounds. 132 points for Andrew Englerth.


smokinferro
Joined: Nov 17, 2010
Posts: 209
There is no penalty for moving up 2 weight classes.
What your referring to is for NYS seeding only


midwrestler
Joined: Aug 19, 2009
Posts: 46
quickpick wrote:
An early very UNOFFICIAL list, just to get some idea as to who will go. New point system with win/loss percentage being the factor rather than wins-losses. Anyway, here is how I spent my Sunday afternoon. Didn't look up any competition points, they don't really add up to much and it's way too much time. SR=Season record points, PL= Placement points, and we all get 10 power points. (SR+PL+PO)=total points. Not sure what the magic number is this year but my guess is 115+ is a pretty safe number. It all depends on the weight though, and losses throughout the state will affect some of these. Looks like we'll send quite a few.

99- Woodward- True second place so can't be jumped (69+25+10)=104
Kurtz- (76+20+10)= 106

106- Noto- Affronti lost to Monger, Noto has a H2H against Affronti though (67+35+10)=112
Affronti- (65+20+10)=95

113- Terwillinger- True second, can't be jumped (69+40+10)=119
Crane- Tons of points here (78+45+10)=133

120- Burgess- True second (71+60+10)=141
Gaiser- (70+35+10)=115

126- McDonnell- No true second, no H2H over Stinson, can be jumped w/ more points (71+45+10)=126
Stinson- (63+30+10)=103

132- J. Smith- No true second, no in season H2H, can be jumped- (66+25+10)=101
Stewart- (71+40+10)=121

138- Englerth- True second (72+55+10)=137
Tompkins- (67+20+10)=97

145- Farrell- True second, can't be jumped (76+50+10)=136
Billett- (65+30+10)=105

152- Davis- No true second, no H2H, can be jumped (75+50+10)=135
Cook- (74+20+10)= 104

160- Howe- No true second, can be jumped (66+25+10)=101
Fregoe- (67+30+10)=107

170- W. Smith- No true second but has a H2H over Bush which keeps him safe here (76+50+10)=141
Bush- (70+20+10)=100

182- Wolfanger- True second, can't be jumped (69+50+10)=129
Grimes- (67+20+10)=97

195- Ali- True second, can't be jumped (70+25+10)=105
Marr- Has more points but has to get carried with Ali (76+40+10)= 126

220- Sykora- Would be the first guy to go from J-T! No true second, can be jumped (75+40+10)=125
Fidanza- (77+20+10)=107

285- Barrett- No true second, has 2 losses to Mundell, will be jumped (61+25+10)=96
Mundell- (69+20+10)=99



I like 170 Wyatt Smith's numbers but last I checked (76+50+10) =136


quickpick
Joined: Jan 9, 2015
Posts: 259
midwrestler wrote:
quickpick wrote:
An early very UNOFFICIAL list, just to get some idea as to who will go. New point system with win/loss percentage being the factor rather than wins-losses. Anyway, here is how I spent my Sunday afternoon. Didn't look up any competition points, they don't really add up to much and it's way too much time. SR=Season record points, PL= Placement points, and we all get 10 power points. (SR+PL+PO)=total points. Not sure what the magic number is this year but my guess is 115+ is a pretty safe number. It all depends on the weight though, and losses throughout the state will affect some of these. Looks like we'll send quite a few.

99- Woodward- True second place so can't be jumped (69+25+10)=104
Kurtz- (76+20+10)= 106

106- Noto- Affronti lost to Monger, Noto has a H2H against Affronti though (67+35+10)=112
Affronti- (65+20+10)=95

113- Terwillinger- True second, can't be jumped (69+40+10)=119
Crane- Tons of points here (78+45+10)=133

120- Burgess- True second (71+60+10)=141
Gaiser- (70+35+10)=115

126- McDonnell- No true second, no H2H over Stinson, can be jumped w/ more points (71+45+10)=126
Stinson- (63+30+10)=103

132- J. Smith- No true second, no in season H2H, can be jumped- (66+25+10)=101
Stewart- (71+40+10)=121

138- Englerth- True second (72+55+10)=137
Tompkins- (67+20+10)=97

145- Farrell- True second, can't be jumped (76+50+10)=136
Billett- (65+30+10)=105

152- Davis- No true second, no H2H, can be jumped (75+50+10)=135
Cook- (74+20+10)= 104

160- Howe- No true second, can be jumped (66+25+10)=101
Fregoe- (67+30+10)=107

170- W. Smith- No true second but has a H2H over Bush which keeps him safe here (76+50+10)=141
Bush- (70+20+10)=100

182- Wolfanger- True second, can't be jumped (69+50+10)=129
Grimes- (67+20+10)=97

195- Ali- True second, can't be jumped (70+25+10)=105
Marr- Has more points but has to get carried with Ali (76+40+10)= 126

220- Sykora- Would be the first guy to go from J-T! No true second, can be jumped (75+40+10)=125
Fidanza- (77+20+10)=107

285- Barrett- No true second, has 2 losses to Mundell, will be jumped (61+25+10)=96
Mundell- (69+20+10)=99



I like 170 Wyatt Smith's numbers but last I checked (76+50+10) =136


Lol like I said, VERY Unofficial. Come on man, you know how long it took me to look this stuff up?


strutter
Joined: Sep 28, 2011
Posts: 56
QUICKPICK I think you did a great job. It's a lot to go through. I did the same thing on Sunday, but just for D2 #138 class for the State. It's a lot to do. Great job again and you put in some time.


BULL80
Joined: Nov 30, 2016
Posts: 57
Thank you for doing all this!


Justin Smith's point should be higher 2,3,2 at supers 66 (20+20+25) +10 = 141

132- J. Smith- No true second, no in season H2H, can be jumped- (66+25+10)=101


Hunter Kurtz should be higher 5,3,3 at super 76 + (5+20+20) + 10 = 131

Kurtz- (76+20+10)= 106


BULL80
Joined: Nov 30, 2016
Posts: 57
FYI


http://www.nysphsaa.org/Portals/0/PDF/Sports/Wrestling/2018-19/AtLargeInfo-18-19.pdf
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum