List: Greatest Section V Wrestlers-O.A.T (Sec.3 inspired) View previous topic | View next topic

Page 14 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
List: Greatest Section V Wrestlers-O.A.T (Sec.3 inspired)

faceinthemat
Oldskool wrote:
I think its a testament that younger wrestlers are getting better sooner.

exactly, the sport is progressing/evolving..... Kid's can learn stuff all over the place now, not just directly from their varsity coaches. Somewhere there's a 5 year old with Yanni posters on his walls, learning how Yanni wrestles watching online.

WrestlerofthePast
Billy Payne from Geneva deserves to be mentioned with this growing list.

LImarty
Eastern States

Sean Carter (Suffolk Champ) dec George Oroujov (Nassau Champ) 10-2

then Carter gets spanked by Latona in the Finals.

Suffolk Co/ Nassau Co Champs/ and NYS Champs .....are really BIG FISH in a SMALL POND....generalization ??? Nah !! dont think so. The MAJORITY are not cutting it Nationally

When underclassmen are winning at weights other than 96/106.....there is definitely exposure to a disease....also, the top populated schools - in Suffolk Co- not one - finished in the TOP 5 in the Team scoring. This has been a trend for the last 20 yrs. Prior, League 1 and League 2 RULED the Suffolk Co. Tourney.

mbsuxx
Before the group photo of NYS Champions is taken do all the wrestlers agree that nobody is allowed to smile?

BULL80
LImarty wrote:
Eastern States

Sean Carter (Suffolk Champ) dec George Oroujov (Nassau Champ) 10-2

then Carter gets spanked by Latona in the Finals.

Suffolk Co/ Nassau Co Champs/ and NYS Champs .....are really BIG FISH in a SMALL POND....generalization ??? Nah !! dont think so. The MAJORITY are not cutting it Nationally

When underclassmen are winning at weights other than 96/106.....there is definitely exposure to a disease....also, the top populated schools - in Suffolk Co- not one - finished in the TOP 5 in the Team scoring. This has been a trend for the last 20 yrs. Prior, League 1 and League 2 RULED the Suffolk Co. Tourney.

Lets tell the whole story shall we, wrestling is always about match ups of styles. I can paint the complete opposite picture leaving other details out just like you! Stop acting like you can judge a wrestler by one match or one tournament. Oh and by the way it 120 not 119 stop living in the past, if that's possible for you at all.

(Eastern States)
Latona beats James Ryan in OT
James Ryan Beats Carter Schubert ( Freshman in OT)
James Ryan Beats George Oroujov ( Freshman in OT)

LImarty
BULLSh$T,

........I dont

BUT, when Freshmen in a large County start winning at an UPPERCLASSMEN weight. Sorry, you have a problem. Look, the PROBLEM was seen 20 yrs ago by Coaches - started pushing peewee programs throughout Nassau Co. Which I was part of....THEN, it again has been tested.

When you can predict the State Finals in June- YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM.

The installation of a TWO Division and a wildcard system has NO BASIS anymore in this State.....the QUALITY of wrestling has been watered down -add in a softer society and less HS aged participants. Then you have to see this for what it is....yes, it's wrestling but, it isnt very good.

Oldskool
mbsuxx wrote:
Before the group photo of NYS Champions is taken do all the wrestlers agree that nobody is allowed to smile?

No, its kinda unspoken

Oldskool
LImarty wrote:
BULLSh$T,

........I dont

BUT, when Freshmen in a large County start winning at an UPPERCLASSMEN weight. Sorry, you have a problem. Look, the PROBLEM was seen 20 yrs ago by Coaches - started pushing peewee programs throughout Nassau Co. Which I was part of....THEN, it again has been tested.

The installation of a TWO Division and a wildcard system has NO BASIS anymore in this State.....the QUALITY of wrestling has been watered down -add in a softer society and less HS aged participants. Then you have to see this for what it is....yes, it's wrestling but, it isnt very good.

Yes, its watered down but still alot of good wrestling.

BULL80
LImarty wrote:
BULLSh$T,

........I dont

Oh yea, you predicted the 2019 D1 120 state final in june, that's ridiculous kids didn't even know what weight they were going in June. So whos already in the finals Marty???? lets hear it so we can all see you get another prediction wrong. I'll agree with the soft society, in my opinion that's the majority of the problem. If you look at the top states for wrestling they are blue collar states for the most part, the issue I will forever have with your arguments is that wrestling is worse at the top level in NY, depth yes, talent no.

faceinthemat
now act 8 yrs old and refer to him as Farty.

LImarty
Looks like 96 Conetta/ Weinhaus -Finalist...106- Poulin- Finalist. 113- Diakomaholis- Finalist ...120- Carter- Finalist ...126- Ryder- Finalist ...132-Maucere -Finalist ...138- Busiello/ McDougall -Finalist

Im tired...lol. I have next Sunday's newspaper - TODAY !!

Last edited by LImarty on Feb 16, 2019; edited 1 time in total

faceinthemat
quickpick wrote:
LImarty wrote:
What I love about these type of lists.......lol......for many the Sport started about 10 yrs ago.

Feel free to give constructive opinions from your knowledge Marty. Not everyone on this forum is as old as your or watched wrestling in the 70ís or 80ís. Or you could create your own list of Section VIII and XI guys and post it on the LI forum. Be sure to include all the guys who were second at counties that are better than anyone who ever won it and also that guy who got bloody noses everyday in practice and cut from 170 to 91 his senior year.

Best post ever Quick!

bigkidsdad
Marty isnít allowed to post on LI forum, banned.... one thing we have over our upstate brothers is a proactive web moderator.

Falcs96
Palacio won a sectional title as a 9th grader at 119, you dope!

LImarty
bigkidsloserdad,

Your kid got beat...and you're still here ??? lol. Meehan is a douche bag...MODERATOR...lmao !!! Scott Arnel and I go way back. If, I wanted to post there -I COULD but, I dont kiss AZZ. Remember this Mr Aranehole. I was "paid" by FLO to post. btw- Dont you have a 12 step program to go to.???

Palacio...?? YOU just refuse to see that QUALITY depth is missing... GO TO PA....only a select few 9th graders have won State Titles -EVER and most were 15 yr old freshmen!!! George Aroujov isnt Nick or Vito.....Thank goodness for Massapequa and their comeback.

Last edited by LImarty on Feb 16, 2019; edited 1 time in total
Page 14 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next