NYSPHSAA D1 and D2 brackets. Who ya got? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
NYSPHSAA D1 and D2 brackets. Who ya got?

LImarty
ALL ABOUT THE SEEDs.

If, Piccininni holds his #2,,,,,,he has a good run into the semis BUT, Vito Arujau is a spoiler. Hope , both Rivera and Lee are on one side of the bracket. I dont know enough about Bresser. Suriano is gonna wish he chose 125 lbs this season

BULL80
faceinthemat wrote:
It's just the Deprez/Diakamiholis era. The others learn by osmosis. Burgos really impressed me at supers and obviously even more by winning states. He has a great top game which will serve him well in college. Top game is the lost art that is the x-factor in college. Spencer Lee just ain't the same without the beefy legbrace...I wonder what's up w him. I think Piccincini can do major damage as he is too big and matches up well w Rivera. I just don't see Rivera winning it. I think Picc and Arajua can beat Rivera...any thoughts about the 125 class?

Lets be real its the garage, Burgos and Gregor didn't learn by osmosis they work their xxxx off, as do all the kids in that room.

Oldskool
The Garage is the best club in NY.

shooterMcgavin
Oldskool wrote:

so the Hilton coaching staff must not be good and the practices do not help what so ever ?

faceinthemat
BULL80 wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:
It's just the Deprez/Diakamiholis era. The others learn by osmosis. Burgos really impressed me at supers and obviously even more by winning states. He has a great top game which will serve him well in college. Top game is the lost art that is the x-factor in college. Spencer Lee just ain't the same without the beefy legbrace...I wonder what's up w him. I think Piccincini can do major damage as he is too big and matches up well w Rivera. I just don't see Rivera winning it. I think Picc and Arajua can beat Rivera...any thoughts about the 125 class?

Lets be real its the garage, Burgos and Gregor didn't learn by osmosis they work their xxxx off, as do all the kids in that room.

I know, I know...no discredit to any of those kids...and surely they all work their tails off. I was just joking bout the osmosis. One great thing about Wrestling, nobody gets anything other than what they have earned! I was very very impressed by Burgos this year, and it was great to see him come out on top at states...he has very good (will be usefull in college) top game.

faceinthemat
shooterMcgavin wrote:
Oldskool wrote:

so the Hilton coaching staff must not be good and the practices do not help what so ever ?

Likely a combo of both...whatever it is , it's been working well in recent years. It will be interesting to see if Gross can keep them tough when all the Diak's/Deprez's are gone. I bet Gross has learned quite a bit from those guys as well as doing a great job leading them as a coach.

quickpick
BULL80 wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:

While I will never argue that the garage is not a huge part of why these guys are good, you have to give credit to the coaching staff as well. I have seen several great athletes not live up to expectations in all different sports and Gross and his staff have made sure everyone in that program reaches what they are working toward. No disrespect to anyone involved, those dads have been a part of those kid's wrestling careers since they were born. They have had and continue to have a huge impact on their kids abilities. However, don't take anything away from Craig who has a great staff along with him (DIII AA-Velez, Binghamton wrestler, multiple time state rep-Hamner). I am sure even the boys in the program would attest that some of their accomplishments are due to the school coaching staff. I've been in that room. Craig knows how to get it done.

Oldskool
shooterMcgavin wrote:
Oldskool wrote:

I never said that. I think they are good coaches.

LImarty
....CLUBs, CLUB TEAMs

today, are a benefit- no doubt. Though, this isnt something new.

Let's not forget that 50 yrs, 40 yrs, 30 yrs...ago -OPEN MATs were frequented by wrestlers looking for "tough" workout partners. Kids use to finish practice at their HS and then drive to another HS. So, the idea that CLUBs make you better....Wrestling partners and a good coach who concentrate on all positions- will benefit - and- make you better.
Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6