UB Wrestling 2018/2019 View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
UB Wrestling 2018/2019

LImarty
Falc.

I read it the wrong way..mybad !! If, you want perfection.....bigkidsdad seems to be more suited.

jessefeffer
Spann, Lantry and Keller in the finals. UB currently in 3rd which would be a great placement for them.

Crossface212
Perry is in the finals too. #1 seeds at 165 and 197 got knocked off in the semis so Keller and Perry will be the top seeded wrestlers in their finals matches. Great tournament so far for the Bulls.

quickpick
Crossface212 wrote:
Perry is in the finals too. #1 seeds at 165 and 197 got knocked off in the semis so Keller and Perry will be the top seeded wrestlers in their finals matches. Great tournament so far for the Bulls.

I saw that too! They’re doing great right now, seem to be peaking at the right time. They’ve wrestled a pretty tough schedule this year and it seems to be paying off. Hopefully they place well this year. The MAC is getting a whole lot tougher next year.

ksl66
All of their finalists are NY grads. Lantry and Spann already have punched their tickets, Smythe, Keller and Perry need one win today and Aikens and Gunning only need a win in the consi-semis to qualify. I think they get Aikens, spann, lantry, smythe, perry and Gunning through, crossing my fingers for Keller. That recruiting class has really come through (Aikens, lantry, smythe, perry and gunning). Stutzmam and his staff have really developed that senior class!

jessefeffer
I am really interested in Keller's fate. Being a JUCO national champion and then going to a DI program is not the normal path and there are many area wrestlers that are attempting it so I'd really hope that it works out in an obvious way.

quickpick
jessefeffer wrote:
I am really interested in Keller's fate. Being a JUCO national champion and then going to a DI program is not the normal path and there are many area wrestlers that are attempting it so I'd really hope that it works out in an obvious way.

Keller is the real deal IMO. His top game has evolved a ton since high school. I think his season would have been even better this year had he not hurt his knee against Wick. He’s got a real shot to AA in the next 2 years.

mikef272002
jessefeffer wrote:

I wouldn't say it's not normal to go JUCO then division 1. I do agree that the vast majority of the best JUCO wrestlers end up at division 2 colleges, but I think it's pretty common for kids to go JUCO, gets their grades up and prove they can balance school and wrestling and go division 1. I know the division 1 coaches are out there scouting the top JUCO kids.

jessefeffer
mikef272002 wrote:
jessefeffer wrote:

I wouldn't say it's not normal to go JUCO then division 1. I do agree that the vast majority of the best JUCO wrestlers end up at division 2 colleges, but I think it's pretty common for kids to go JUCO, gets their grades up and prove they can balance school and wrestling and go division 1. I know the division 1 coaches are out there scouting the top JUCO kids.

That's good to know. I could not think of any JUCO transfers to a DI program to cite, it seems rare. There just aren't that many DI wrestling programs compared to football and basketball. I got to think guys like Cameron who love the sport and are busting their butts in a JUCO program and are hoping for an offer from a 4 year school are probably very interested in what Troy does in Pittsburgh.

quickpick
jessefeffer wrote:
mikef272002 wrote:
jessefeffer wrote:

That's good to know. I could not think of any JUCO transfers to a DI program to cite, it seems rare. There just aren't that many DI wrestling programs compared to football and basketball. I got to think guys like Cameron who love the sport and are busting their butts in a JUCO program and are hoping for an offer from a 4 year school are probably very interested in what Troy does in Pittsburgh.

Brock Lesnar was a JUCO transfer to a DI National Champ.
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2