Churchville - Chili View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Churchville - Chili

zeCHACH
Chris and Nick Vitale would have been the best to come out of CC. I wrestled with both of them in HS. Honestly Mike Castro was one of, if not the best to come out of the school. Placed in states his senior year and made it to Supers the 2 previous years. If Steve Dunn had dedicated himself to wrestling and spent more time working on his technique he would've been 1 of the most dominating wrestlers in the state starting his freshman year.

louisville 79
1.) Neil Thomas 2.) Scott Trainor 3.)Scott Court 4.)DENNY Denner 5.) Tim Archer, Bill Breon. And throw in there somewhere Doug Wheeler, who if it werent for a bad knee, may have be the best ever out of C-C.

louisville 79
Just to throw out a few more names: Skip Voehringer, John Tritak,Guy&NATE Cole,Craig Trainor, Todd Trainor, Ron DeMeco, Darryl Struesalbach, Jim Arva, all very good wrestlers.

Iwasthere
Best wrestler isn't always the one who wins the most or goes the furthest. You can't include anyone that didn't finish or attend the school their Sr. year. When the season ended only one person helped push Neil Thomas at practice and worked out daily with him...Scott Trainor. Back in the 70's the wrestling team was exactly that, a team who had been together for years under Rufus Maxfield and Bob Bonds. Yes, I went to state and competed but the best wrestler to come out of Churchville was the people who helped develope me. Teammates and opponents alike. I'm just happy my name is in the mix with all the others. Scott Court, Craig Cody, Scott Trainor, Mark Wilson and even Rory legacy helped me. I could name many others.

Hambone
Iwasthere wrote:
Best wrestler isn't always the one who wins the most or goes the furthest. You can't include anyone that didn't finish or attend the school their Sr. year. When the season ended only one person helped push Neil Thomas at practice and worked out daily with him...Scott Trainor. Back in the 70's the wrestling team was exactly that, a team who had been together for years under Rufus Maxfield and Bob Bonds. Yes, I went to state and competed but the best wrestler to come out of Churchville was the people who helped develope me. Teammates and opponents alike. I'm just happy my name is in the mix with all the others. Scott Court, Craig Cody, Scott Trainor, Mark Wilson and even Rory legacy helped me. I could name many others.

A very humble man indeed!!!

THUNDARCOURT(91/98lb)
In my years as a member of the Churchville Wrestling program starting in 1969 thru 1981 I saw many great wrestlers and as far as I am concerned each and every wrestler that came into the program and dedicated there time training and practicing moves losing or gaining weight were champions. To try and narrow it down is stupid. On any given day someone at some match did somthing that made them the best. The 2 teams that stand out in the History of CCHS whould be 1977/78 and 1978/79, producing the most sectional champs and runner ups placing 2nd at Canidaga Sectional Tourn.Winning the CC Christmas Tourn. 2nd in the Monroe County Tourn, and both years beating Spencerport at Trowbridge Highschool and then78/79 at CCHS. yes those 2 teams were the NAILBITE BOYS.

Hambone
jukeboxhero wrote:
If the two younger Vitale brothers continued wrestling, they would have been monsters.

If my aunt had a unit, she'd be my uncle.

NIMROD
Hambone wrote:
jukeboxhero wrote:
If the two younger Vitale brothers continued wrestling, they would have been monsters.

If my aunt had a unit, she'd be my uncle.

What have, could have, should have.............. ! Pertains to everyone's shortcomings. Don't want to hear it!

mbsuxx
Neils brother Chris was another good wrestler......Scott Court had an excellent cradle.

mbsuxx
Add Ty Raines to the list of excellent Churchville-Chili wrestlers.
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2