end of year state qualifiers View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
end of year state qualifiers

baschamania
It would only be common sense for the large school champ to wrestle the small school champ, but New York State ain't that smart... obviously. Confused

Kdogg
i think they can wrestle eachother if they want to

baschamania
If their that good to win the state tournament I think that they will want to wrestle to become the undisputed champion, I know that sounds a little WWF but its true.

Kdogg
well if they do that then the large schools won't be talking like there so much better than small schools because they could lose to a small school person

baschamania
i dont think that would be the case ken, I think large school and small school both have equal amount of pride and arn't afraid to wrestle

trophy21
reading alot of different ideas for the state tournament, i have one. We are supposed to be promoting the sport of wrestling in the High School and college ranks, When coaches from colleges look to recruit kids, i have found it hard to talk to them about kids from N.Y. state, the answer is always , you only send one kid to the states,so they are only looking at one kid, wouldnt it be better for the kids and the sport to have more kids involved??? Who is to say the kid going to the states is the best wrestler, Alot of the near by states and the states where alot of kids go after high school send three reps, now for recruiting you hae three kids in a weight class, makes for a more rounded tournament, maybe the third place kid had a bad day in supers??? It just seems like we could come up with a better system that would benifit the kids!!! isnt that why we are doing all of this????

grapplewithme
I just think we can still have one true state champ at the end of the day. Do the other states have more than one state champ

wrestler171
Most states have had multiple classification state champs for many years. NY is just startin to listen to recruiters and others on getting more kids exposure. Pennsylvania
has had 2 champs for many years AA and AAA. North Carolina has four, 1A,2A,3A and 4A all based on school sizes. State Champ in your school size classification is how it's being done most everywhere. You won't see Div. 1 and Div. 1A and Div. 3 colleges wrestling off for ultimate braggin rights. The Div. 1 or Div. 2 state champ is just that, the best at their weight at all schools in their Division.
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2