Pittsford @ North Country Invitational View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Pittsford @ North Country Invitational

PittsfordPantherFan
The Pittsford Panthers wrestled @ the North Country Invitatonal at Indian River H.S. on 12/20. They finished 4th out of 16 teams. 1st was Beaver River(ranked #1 in small schools), 2nd was Gouvernour(#10 in large schools), and 5th was S. Jefferson(#15 in large schools). Jasen(119) and Kyle(112) Borshoff finished 1st. Devi Kelly(103) and Cory Borshoff(96) finished 2nd. Chris Forte(140) was 3rd. They also had a 5th and 2 6th place finishers. Great showing!

wrestle5050
too bad Wayne didn't go to that tournament again. they have won it every year they went to north country. 4th isn't the greatest place finish considering there are only like 7 teams in section 10 and probably the weakest section in the state.

tummytickle35
for an up and coming team like pittsford....who i'd say is still in the rebuilding process, 4th at anywhere is pretty good(no offense to pittsford). the way things are looking, pittsford can be a contending school again someday. congrats pittsford.

PittsfordPantherFan
After the 2000-01 season, Pittsford wrestling was practically dead. It has come a long way since with help from Coaches Fred Kemp, Tim Borshoff, and the present coach, Jason Bovensi. I see nothing but good things happening in the future. It really helps that Bovensi teaches in the middle school and can help feed the program with new wrestlers.

wrestler171
PittsfordPantherFan,
do you have more details, that is a tough tournament, as for section 10 being weak that's crap, take a look at Gouveneur and Beaver River. The Clark Bros. from Canton, State Champ,
NCAA Champ and Charlie Clark now at BLAIR Academy. Those Sec. 10 Tyler boys can wrestle . Sec. 3 Beaver River is #1 small school and very good. I wanted to know if Kyle and Jasen wrestled Beaver River's Roggie and Widrick and what the scores were. Give some individual detail if you have it.

PittsfordPantherFan
Jasen beat Joe Widrick in the finals. Kyle pinned Farnham(Baldwinsville) who is topped ranked in Sec 3 at 112. Farnham beat Drew Widrick(ranked 3rd) in the semis. Joe Widrick ranked 3rd at 119. Shane Roggie won at 125. Complete results of tourny in results and rankings area.

wrestler171
Thanks PittsfordPantherFan,
I now see the results posted, so what did Pittsford think of the quality in sec. 3 and 10? I assume the Widricks and Roggie were pretty tough kids?

matguy2004
It will be intersting to see how fast Bovenzi destroys that program

WellHello
matguy, i dunno really what you're talking about, since Bovenzi has come the program has grown from about 10 kids to now about 40 kids. I don't see how that would be destroying it

ALAOSOP
I must agree with wellhello, partially because i drill with him, but we dueled Pittsford this year and they were a pretty tough team compared to last year, they could be up there in a couple of years

matguy2004
Give it some time... Oh..that team will be in great shape... great condition...he's technically very skilled...he just doesn't have a clue about kids...Sure if he thinks your a stud...great
Everyone else...be prepared for mental abusive...I doubt the good people in the Pittsford wrestling club will put up with that for too long...
And...Why is it that Pittsford gets to combined teams...and Webster can't?
Isn't it about time for each school to build their own programs?

WellHello
im not a stud wrestler and he treats me fine

Niceguy140
yea i was at apex and he was really nice to me...a lot more nice to me than about 90% of the coaches ive dealt with
Page 1 of 1