JV Wrestlers Ranked View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
JV Wrestlers Ranked

theWrestler
Here is what i think is an interesting topic. Should a JV wrestler be ranked above a 'varsity' wrestler that he beat in a JV tournament. There are many JV wrestlers that can't beat there own teammate for a varsity position, but regularly beat ranked 'varsity' wrestlers when they wreslte at JV tournaments.
Which is another problem, why would Varsity wrestlers with more than 5 or 6 wins still be wrestling in JV tournaments. And don't give me the excuse it is for experience. JV tournaments should be for wrestlers with less than 4 varsity wins.
My opinion only

Niceguy140
well you look at some coaches who bring up kids to scrape and the kids end up losing...the kids who wreslte these "scrapers" if you will, could be no good and win the match so thats why people wreslte down on JV, its completely logical. So I must disagree with you. JV wreslters should not even be ranked, and I dont mean to be critical of the JV kids because I know they work just as hard as anyone else but they just shouldnt be ranked over varsity wreslters

crab_rider
Maybe the point is that the varsity wreslter should not be ranked if they lose to a JV kid at a JV tourny. Or is that weight within the class so weak that they are still the best of the bunch?

theWrestler
I guess my objection is when a varsity wrestler that has placed in varsity tournaments and has more than 6 wins, wrestles in JV tournaments...

fcarry
This brings up the issue that was mentioned(sort of) before. Like in other sports (tennis, track and field, etc), a team can field more than one varsity athlete in an event. Our "events" are each weight class. In the case of wrestling, if a team has two very good wrestlers at the same weight, put them both in the meets. There are some teams that can field more than one "varsity" wrestler in some weights. If the opposing team also has two, let them compete! Example: two varsity 130 pounders per team in one dual meet! And of course, this can always be done in tournaments when there is room in the brackets. Of course, both coaches would have to agree in dual meets.
Page 1 of 1