Section 5 Team Rankings View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Section 5 Team Rankings

Attica does have a good schedule, however, they weren't at Teike, the UE's, the Reese tourn has good individuals but not the top teams, Goveneur hardly placed at UE. And the Teike tourn is by far the toughest tourn in section 5, so don't you have a hissy fit.

barsagar
Until the smoke clears, rankings in section V this year are just a crap shoot except for Spencerport at #1. On any given day #2 could lose to #6, #3 could lose to #5, and #4 could lose to them all. Just put the Rangers as #1 and guess the order for everyone else because its all about match-ups, injuries, and luck. CA beats Wayne without Ingraham in the line-up and squeaks by R-H with Kyle in the line-up. The difference.......R-H picks up 16 points from 171,189, & 215 while Wayne only gets 10 points. So R-H must have better big guys? No, just the way the kids wrestled that evening. If LaRussa beats Morrice and if Josh Patterson wrestles at 125 instead of 130, then CA might very well be 0-2 and not 2-0
For all the would-be prognosticators out there, the picture should certainly become clearer folowing the "Jimmy White" duals when CA gets matched against Brockport, Attica, and South Jefferson all on the same day
My guess is that at the end, Spencerport will still be #1 and who cares about the rest. The Rangers are so consistent and just when you think it might be your turn to be #1, they show up and stomp your xxxx!

barsagar
Until the smoke clears, rankings in section V this year are just a crap shoot except for Spencerport at #1. On any given day #2 could lose to #6, #3 could lose to #5, and #4 could lose to them all. Just put the Rangers as #1 and guess the order for everyone else because its all about match-ups, injuries, and luck. CA beats Wayne without Ingraham in the line-up and squeaks by R-H with Kyle in the line-up. The difference.......R-H picks up 16 points from 171,189, & 215 while Wayne only gets 10 points. So R-H must have better big guys? No, just the way the kids wrestled that evening. If LaRussa beats Morrice and if Josh Patterson wrestles at 125 instead of 130, then CA might very well be 0-2 and not 2-0
For all the would-be prognosticators out there, the picture should certainly become clearer folowing the "Jimmy White" duals when CA gets matched against Brockport, Attica, and South Jefferson all on the same day
My guess is that at the end, Spencerport will still be #1 and who cares about the rest. The Rangers are so consistent and just when you think it might be your turn to be #1, they show up and stomp your xxxx!

wrestle5050
Attica can now get ranked lower in section 5 because they lost to holley in a dual. CA will beat Attica at the duals.

jcwas
I would say the Reese tournament is one of the hardest in New York state. Yeah there aren't many powerhouses there but almost every team has a number of quality wrestlers. There are also many tough teams from out of state. I would say it's harder than the Spencerport Tourny.

musicfreak
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Attica's dual meet team isn't as good as I thought.

For now, I'd still rank Brockport & R-H above Wayne, soley based on scores to date vs. each other and vs. Canandaigua. Just because Brackport & R-H didn't go to Union Endicott doesn't make them worse teams. It can go either way, but I guess we'll find out for sure this weekend at Canandaigua.

baschamania
I agree with Barsgar completely. The rankings are a crap shoot, except Spencerport #1. The crap shoot is due to many solid teams in Section 5.

wrestle5050
R-h and Brockport shouldn't be ranked ahead of wayne or Ca. Ca will beat brockport and just because R-H lost to Ca by a point doesn't mean they are better than wayne. Wayne has only two losses that came to the Number 1 and 2 teams in the state. R-h did lose to Ca by only a point but come people be real, they lost to brockport. If brockport doesn't beat Ca then there is no way they should be ahead of Ca or wayne because Ca is still undefeated and Wayne took second at U-E.

baschamania
It's almost as if the top 5 STATE RANKINGS are a crapshoot too, I mean Fulton just beat Canandaigua.
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2