Alexander Tourny View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Alexander Tourny

agey55
Sure it's a very small and very weak tourny but I have a few results...

1st Way-Co
2nd Lyndonville
3rd Alexander
4th Geneseo
5th North Star Christian

125 - 1st Nick Crawford (Way-co)
135 - 1st Nick Sikes (Way-co)
2nd Jake Gilmore (Alex)
3rd Harley Brabon (lyn)
152- 1st Pat Shingleton (Lyn)
2nd Mike Knapp (Alex)
160- 1st Jim Zeliff (Lynd)
189- 1st Adam Bachman (Lyn)
215- 1st Roy Pragle (Way-co)
275- 1st Dennis Bauer (Way-co)
2nd Tom Kepner (Lyn)
3rd Larry Richmond (Alex)

I don't have alot of results obviously, I was paying too much attention to the book. I'll have more probably in a few days. In short though, I believe Wayland-Cohocton only lost 2 matches the entire day... they really swept the floor with everyone.

This tourny was supposed to be about 2 or 3 teams larger but 2 dropped out late (like a few days ago) and i think the other one dropped out a few weeks ago. It's hard to get full roster teams to such a weak tourny because they have so many more choices of larger tougher tournaments. But oh well, this one should pick up in the next few years.

crawfordn
We took 11 guys, and 10 placed first and the 11th placed second. Incredibly weak tournament. We were told it was a 10 team tournament....so we picked it up.
Sabins took first at 160, not the Lyndonville kid.

Mortenson was 1st at 103
R. Sikes was 1st at 112
Kyle Mott was first at 119
Weldy 1st at 130
Rizzieri 1st at 171
Eddy 2nd at 140

agey55
okay my bad... poor memory when you get this old ya know?... I saw you wrestle though crawford... I was impressed. Good job. And I don't know who would tell you it was a 10 team tourny but it wouldn't be anybody at Alexander... we know it's a small one but it gets kids more mat time than a 35 team tourny.

crawfordn
yeah my coach said that he was told it was gonna have 10 teams. It was still a good tournament for some of our guys. A few of our guys had wrestled the same competition at Pavilion and lost, but yesterday they obviously improved by winning. It was good to get a few matches in but for us that was an incredibly easy tournament.

HFLGrappler
that tourney never gets 10 average teams, for WC 112 and 119 to win, we'll that says it all I think. We heard U go there cause UR coach went there. U guys can build UR program back up but U gotta challenge UR kids. Glad to see you wrestled.

agey55
of course it never does... it's only 2 years old now and nobody sees Alexander as a wrestling school... it's more of a tennis/track one... those being our only continually successful sports.