Trevor Chinn named to Cliff Keen Dream team View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Trevor Chinn named to Cliff Keen Dream team

barsagar
Wow! How cool is it to have a nationally ranked wrestler in Section V and have him selected for the Dream team sceduled to wrestle the Calif team March 27th at Clovis West HS in central Calif

Trevor has also been nominated to participate in the Dapper Dan Classic scheduled for March 13th in Pittsburg, Pa. This event pits a USA team vs the Pa All-Stars and is followed with a dual match between the PIAA All-Stars (western Pa) vs a team from a neighboring state (VA, IA, WI, OH, etc). Trevor will receive final notification in early Feb.

Congrats

agey55
Was Ryan Needle ever nominated to this?

bigfan
congratulations to trevor,your parents must be proud.its good to see section V in the spotlight,thanks for your hard work and good luck to you.

doug
Trevor has set a new standard for Section V wrestlers.....a scholarship to a wrestling powerhouse, selected to participate in national "all star" events and ranked #2 in the nation in his weight class. Clovis and Clovis West are both wrestling powerhouses in California, it's a great location for the event. Barsagar, please keep us posted on the Dream Team event at Clovis West, I'd like to go.

wsw145
Yes Ryan Needle was on The Team USA Dream team last year when they wrestled Iowa i belive.

freedmone
Trevor Chinn is definitely a class act...He will continue to have a great career...There have been other wrestlers from section 5 that have put us on the "map"...I believe the first was Frank Deangelis of Spencerport who wrestled (and won) in the original Dapper Dan classic in 1975...He was also voted most outstanding wrestler in the United States (high school) by the national wrestling coaches association that same year...He had a full ride to Oklahoma where he capped off a 2nd place finish in the 1978 ncaa div 1...I believe to this day, that he was the highest placewinner from section 5 in the div 1 nationals...Maybe Trevor can go one higher!

DisneyWrestler
i hope so. trevor is a great wrestler. congrats to him.

PACoach
Congrats to Trevor, CA and Section V, Great honor. I will try to get a scouting report for the Dapper Dan. Usually the highest placing senior in PA at that weight wrestles at the Dapper Dan. Can't wait to see a section V wrestler come down here and dominate! Good luck as the post season nears!