LCAA tourny canceled View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
LCAA tourny canceled

LCAAChamp03
heard that the LCAA tournament was canceled today and will run all day tomorrow, anyone confirm this?

crawfordn
This is true....the tournament has been cancelled for today. It will be run all day on Saturday as it was in 2002.

shirleythegreat1
thanx to hornell i believe they were the only school closed

novice182000
Not true! Bath cancelled the first thing this morning. Hornell was on a two hour delay & then cancelled about 8:30am.

SectionV 04
LCAA announced to coaches last night that if 1 or more schools were canceled today, Saturday would be all day with 1st round being single elim. They probably should have checked with SHIRLEY 1st so no one school would be blamed. We heard Bath and other southern tier schools were ice rinks. Schools south to Elmira were closed.

shirleythegreat1
sorryif it seems like im blaming hornell because im not but hornell was the only school that i saw had cancelled this morning before i had left

RamFan
Yes Haverling called off school 1st thing this morning as some areas were ice rinks. everything south was closed. Sorry Shirley, they never asked the wrestling team if the roads were OK?

stud1212
i think just because two schools were closed that we should still have it. its not our fault that they didn't have school when it wasn't that bad out! i never saw either of those schools closed this mornin but i heard about it when i came to school. i agree with shirley, i think it is stupid!

wrestler171
Section V rules require cancelation of after school athletic events if the regular school day is canceled. Only section V can approve an event, and they never do because some kids don't have rides, school buses are not available etc. Insurance is the major reason, too many people willing to sue if anything happens with alternative travel. I am sure if you asked wrestlers at closed schools if they really want to hold weight another day, they really want to wrestle TODAY!., I'll bet nobody asked them? LCAA should be giving additional 1 lb. allowance though because cancelled school means NO PRACTICE for those schools, so 1lb. is only fair play.

bigfan
just want to let you know it is not single elimination , but if you have five matches you have to forfiet.
Page 1 of 1