Good Luck DM View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Good Luck DM

wrestlingman14944
mr. mcgillivray, dan rosemier here glad to hear that daniel is doing well down there in VA representing section V and NY well even tho he is a VA man now!................tell him i wish him the best of luck and to get that state championship and show them that NY and SECTION V is the BEST !

mcgilldc
Well Daniel wrestled very well this weekend; he went 5/1 with four pins to place 3RD. If it wasn’t for his poor seeding (#5) he would have clean up the bottom half of the bracket and placed 2ND or possible 1ST.

He only lost by a score of 2 to 0 to the #1 seed who was an undefeated senior. The only score came from a takedown in the last 10 seconds of the first period which is terrible to give up or allow someone to score on you with only 10 seconds left in a period.

The #1 seed went on to Tech the #3 seed in the finals, 15 to 0 in the second period (4:15) and Daniel went on to pin a kid in the first period (1:27) who’s only loss at that time was a 16 to 1 tech from the #1 seed.

See attached link for the brackets and scroll down to page 9 for the 152lb bracket.

http://www.mattalkonline.com/rumble07brackets.PDF

http://mattalkonline.com/

mcgilldc
Daniel had a Super Quad Meet this weekend, 6 teams attended so he got 5 matches in. He went 5 and 0 with a second period pin, 3 first period pins and a forfeit. This brings him to 29/3 with 25 pins on the season and 123/23 with 89 pins for his career.

It looks like he is on a record breaking season. Last year he went 35/5 with 25 pins I think he will end this season with at least 40 wins and 30 pins.

sbtm07atGV
dude daniel you need to come back ...section v is where you belong even if there isnt really any comp. up her ....your part of our team ...... good luck anyways tho

mcgilldc
Dude, you really need to stop making it harder on Daniel than it all ready is, he feels bad enough already. Putting peer pressure on him and talking like that just makes him feel bad.
Daniel and I (I miss it to) both love NY and GVCS and our hearts will always be there but until we do return (maybe his senior year) please just support him here by telling him that this is the best thing for him right now. A teenage boy or young man needs the love and support of his family. If he were to try to move back there on his own and live with someone other than his family that would not be good.
So please just encourage him here, we are all sad and miss everyone but we will see as many of you as we can as soon as we can. We will start by coming up this weekend to the Sectional Class B Tournament in Warsaw, but I guarantee you it will be the last time we come back if there’s talk about trying to get Daniel to stay or come back and live with anyone. I know that Daniel might bring it up but you people need to just tell him to ride the storm out and stay with his family and he will be back soon enough and in our own time.

hfwrestling171
this kid dosnt matter, duanesburg could beat him

mcgilldc
What are you talking about hfwrestling171?

sectionvrocks
How is Daniel doing? Did he make it through the qualifier yet?

Let us know, and don't let these select few idiots get you frustrated, okay?

no_ideay113
i was just wondering how Daniel is doing down there. i haven't heard anything in a wile and i would like some updates.

mcgilldc
Here is some information on how the regular season ended and how he is doing in the post season.

• Ended the regular season with a record of 31/3, (with 27 pins) that means only 4 of the kids that he beat didn’t get pinned by him.

• Post season: On 2/17/07 Daniel took 1ST Place and received the MOW (most outstanding wrestler) award in the District Tournament (which is equivalent to the NY State Sectional Class Tournaments).

• Post season: On 2/24/07 Daniel took 1ST Place and received the MOW (most outstanding wrestler) award in the Regional Tournament (which is equivalent to the NY State Super Sectional State Qualifier).

• On 3/2nd&3rd/07 Daniel will be competing in the VA State Tournament with seven other teammates.

• This brings his record to 37/3 (with 31 pins) now there are 6 kids that didn’t get pinned by him.

• His 37 wins look like this
1. 31 pins (25 were in the 1st period, 5 in the 2nd period and 1 in the 3rd period)
2. 1 16-0 tech-fall coming in the 2nd period
3. 2 major decisions (9-1 & 9-0) both going 3 periods
4. 1 7-3 decision going 3 periods
5. 2 forfeits

• Of all 30 matches this year Daniel has only been into the 3rd period a total of 7 times.

• His career record is 131/23 (with 95 pins)

raider543
Daniel is in the finals of his state tournement Good luck Dan win that state championship
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2