Class Sectionals View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Class Sectionals

kfs
I heard Class sectionals will be set up something like this...
Large Schools: Split up in two Classes
Class one:
ClassA
East 2024, Marshall & Franklin 1725, Fairport 1654, Pittsford 1391, Rush Henrietta 1389, Webster Schroeder 1341, Gates-Chili 1263, Penfield 1251, Brockport 1183,
Churchville-Chili 1164, Greece Athena 1121, Hilton 1113, West Irondequoit 1101,
Spencerport 1051
TOP FOUR FROM THIS CLASS GOES TO SUPERS
Second class for large schools:
Class AA
Canandaigua 1049, Greece Arcadia 1022, Greece Olympia 1009, McQuaid 992,
Brighton 902, Eastridge 797, Victor 704, Newark 688, Webster Thomas 670,
Wayne 667, Batavia 648, Honeoye Falls-Lima 641, Geneva 611
TOP FOUR FROM THIS CLASS GOES TO SUPERS
That would make an eight man bracket for Large School Supers

The small schools will have four classes and the top four from each class will make a 16-man bracket for their Supers....
This is what I've heard.....
I hope they change in two years or sooner to the new format being presented now (multiple entries per section)....

novice182000
taking the top three from supers is still the best solution. with multiple entries from sections, who will cast the deciding vote on who will get those additional spots? i believe small schools could be at a major disadvantage as coaches from large schools have a tendancy to forget that great wrestlers come from schools smaller than A.

santa
Now with the state finally going to a two state tournament system, it would not make any sense to go backwards and go to one state tournament. Lets do what other sports do and most other states and have multiple representatives in both classes. Most other smaller states do this, why not NY? This gives more kids opportunity and makes more kids recognizable to college coaches.

bakrongal204
They should do super states, a duel meet between the large school state champs and the small school state champs. That way we all know who is the best in the state.
Page 1 of 1