Nickerson through?? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Nickerson through??

iamscharles
Is he out for the rest of the year? I noticed he's not in the rankings?

provocateur
He just wrestled at the national duals. He's not done.

syracuse100
yea heard that Rocky point was graduating a 130 pounder this year so he got out when the gettin was good.

On a serious note I think he will only be wrestling duels due to the shoulder injury from last year and is not wrestling tournaments.

iamscharles
syracuse100 wrote:
yea heard that Rocky point was graduating a 130 pounder this year so he got out when the gettin was good.

On a serious note I think he will only be wrestling duels due to the shoulder injury from last year and is not wrestling tournaments.

Is his limited participation the reason for falling out of the rankings? He's not even in the top 10.

DU1
iamscharles wrote:
syracuse100 wrote:

Is his limited participation the reason for falling out of the rankings? He's not even in the top 10.

You are probably correct. I would guess Cornell is cautious in using Nickerson since he has been injured lately (not sure anyone really knows the extent of his injury) and trying to get him healthy. He looked pretty good at the National Duals this weekend going 4-0 and beating numbers 11 and 5 (#5 had knocked off #1 earlier in the weekend). He will be a huge factor at the NCAA tournament regardless of his ranking. But-I think he will appear in the rankings fairly high this week.

as of 1/18 the rankings have Nickerson at number 2 behind Paul Donahoe of Edinboro
Page 1 of 1