Monroe County Predictions View previous topic | View next topic

Page 6 of 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Monroe County Predictions

Zildjian325
silver orange wrote:
the kind one wrote:
its just a prediction. what has Ireland ever done to earn that ranking? who has he beaten? Based on this year, Baxter should get the nod. Pins over Cowden and Miller. Huge win vs Kavanaugh of Wantaugh at UE. hopefully we will see it tomorrow night unless i've put the curse on him. He's gotta get by Cowden first. Baxter by pin via cradle.

You really think Ireland will get pinned? He has only been pinned like 5 times in the last 3 years. Out of the 3 losses he has this year only one was by pin and the kid out weighed him by 30lbs. I read that I beleive in the Democrat and Chronicle or on one of the links on armdrag.com.

I got pinned once out of my whole high school career, guess how I did in counties... haha we'll lets just say its not a very solid measure. With no disrespect to Ireland, I'm personally dumbfounded by him being picked over Baxter or Cowden. Fairport and Spencerport have gone to much more established tournaments, and have wrestled some highly ranked teams obviously. I think its just a little premature to say he can beat both of them because he has a good win loss record.

silver orange
Bottom line people the seedings are based on points. Obvious Ireland had more, just as any other #1 seed did. Case closed.

jab
Glichman vs Abbott
Lyons vs Campbell

Northrup vs Montante
Lazorony vs ?

Also, Darch looked really good tonight and Morabito was a beast. Cucciara at 135 looks tough with Roberts not their. Hope he enjoys it now before sectionals.

the kind one
Thanks!! I know i'm right...Anyone with half a brain would know that they screwed the seedings up at 171....Baxter, Cowden, Ireland...Thats the way it should go. Look at the competition faced. Baxter and Cowden have wreslted in tougher tournies and duals then Batavia has...That is a fact. If you want me to get real crazy, i'll go through and see how many state ranked teams SP, FPT and BAT has faced during the season. Anything is possible, Ireland could do it. But its unlikely.

iamscharles
What happened to Roberts?

howardjm
There is a set criteria for seedings. The problem is Batavia doesn't wrestlle a lot of the other Monroe County teams head-to-head so you need to go by points. Based on the criteria, nothing was "screwed up". Besides isn't that why they wrestle? If you were such experts, maybe all the names should be sent to you and you could just tell us who will win and the section will save a lot of money running these tournaments. Everyone could sit in their living room and we could just read your posts. Bottom line the best wrestler will win. Maybe the second best gets 3rd instead of 2nd, not a big deal. Lets just sit back and enjoy the matches.

CULater
howardjm wrote:
There is a set criteria for seedings. The problem is Batavia doesn't wrestlle a lot of the other Monroe County teams head-to-head so you need to go by points. Based on the criteria, nothing was "screwed up". Besides isn't that why they wrestle? If you were such experts, maybe all the names should be sent to you and you could just tell us who will win and the section will save a lot of money running these tournaments. Everyone could sit in their living room and we could just read your posts. Bottom line the best wrestler will win. Maybe the second best gets 3rd instead of 2nd, not a big deal. Lets just sit back and enjoy the matches.

Well put

jab
Roberts could not wrestle only this weekend. He will be back next week and for the rest of the season.

daxf13
Any Updates???

matburn
Site Admin
LIVE BRACKETS (PDF)

iamscharles
jab wrote:
Roberts could not wrestle only this weekend. He will be back next week and for the rest of the season.

Sounds like he had a family commitment or something? Does anybody know what happened?

iamscharles
Northrup from RH seems to be doing very well..he's not even in the rankings..is this a fluke or is he another underrated wrestler, Any thoughts?

matts34
he's an underrated wrestler who's beeen forgetten about same thing with Dickerson at 112.

QUIET
nice job with the live updates.

Old School Ranger
Is there any web presence for the tournament? It's a long way from FL to Rochester, but I would like to see it if it's available. If it is, I hope it's better than the state broadcast on the net which kept locking-up and finally froze out altogether, thanks for trying but it wasn't worth the trouble. I had to wait for postings on here to find out, so thanks for that.
Page 6 of 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next