tourney days View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
tourney days

skot
I'm looking for suggestions on what is best for our kids to be eatingdrinking during down time on those long tournament days. I've heard its good to carb up the night before with pasta, but not sure what is best day of.

novice182000
You have to be careful about loading up on carbs like pasta the night before as it can sit there like a rock & affect the weigh-in the next morning. I find fresh fruit, meat rolls (not bologna), & cheese works well during the day when the tournaments are long. You can also use Boost or Slim Fast shakes during the day. Making sure they drink enough is also important water or propel. Powerade & Gatorade have too many wasted calories & too much sugar with no real benefit. I hope this helps.

jcwas
If weight isn't a factor I would eat a big plate of spaghetti or mash potatoes or anyting with a lot of carbs the night before and the following morning. During the tournament I would drink plenty of fluids and eat very lightly unless you don't have a match for a few hours. Foods with protein and fat are the hardest to digest and will sit in your stomach the longest ammount of time so go easy on the sausage, eggs and donuts or anything like that. If weight is a factor do the same as I said earlier with smaller portions. I would drink water more than gatorade if your watching your weight. Gatorade and any other drink will be a lot harder to lose than water especially when your sucking weight.
Page 1 of 1