Kyle Borshoff ranked 4th View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Kyle Borshoff ranked 4th

jukeboxhero
I see Kyle is ranked 4th at 149 lbs. I predict great things for him this year, and hopefully he can pick up section V's second national championship either this year or next!

NIMROD
Can't believe how much people love rankings.

jukeboxhero
NIMROD wrote:

People like them because they show recognition to those wrestlers who gave their blood, sweat, and tears. I love preseason rankings the best, especially intermat, because it gives people a good list of guys to watch. And I'm happy that we're seeing sec. 5 guys being recognized for their accomplishments. Sorry I love rankings so much. I'm sure it keeps you up at night.

NIMROD
A guy like you would put your faith in rankings!

CULater
jukeboxhero wrote:
NIMROD wrote:

People like them because they show recognition to those wrestlers who gave their blood, sweat, and tears. I love preseason rankings the best, especially intermat, because it gives people a good list of guys to watch. And I'm happy that we're seeing sec. 5 guys being recognized for their accomplishments. Sorry I love rankings so much. I'm sure it keeps you up at night.

I'm siding with JBH here; I love the preseason, inseason, end of season rankings.
I know wrestlers of all levels look @ the rankings. Some wrestlers use the
preseason rankings as motivation, feeling they should have been higher in the ranks.
I think us as fans, use the ranking as intdicators of matchups through out the season.
At the college level, why not get behind our Sec. V boys.
I want more rankings!!

jukeboxhero
NIMROD wrote:
A guy like you would put your faith in rankings!

Where have I put faith into rankings? Sorry for complimenting a wrestler, next time I want to, I'll ask you for permission first.

billywombat
I like rankings because they give me the names of the guys to watch. However, they can also fuel the fire of the wrestler that misses the list. I say win-win.

fatman
yeah know its funny cuase this is a very any given day sport but intermat is usually dead on with its rankings

jukeboxhero
billywombat wrote:
I like rankings because they give me the names of the guys to watch. However, they can also fuel the fire of the wrestler that misses the list. I say win-win.

Well said Billy.

fattywrestler316
NIMROD wrote:

Rankings are good discussion starters and something that can be looked back on to see how dead on/dead wrong someone is later on.

ps-I'm back. Did you miss me?

Mayo08
fattywrestler316 wrote:
NIMROD wrote:

Rankings are good discussion starters and something that can be looked back on to see how dead on/dead wrong someone is later on.

ps-I'm back. Did you miss me?

Refer to your sig. for your answer. Cool haha welcome back.

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

GoSectionV
jukeboxhero wrote:
I see Kyle is ranked 4th at 149 lbs. I predict great things for him this year, and hopefully he can pick up section V's second national championship either this year or next!

Agree, it's great to see Kyle and other Section V and NYS guys get the recognition they deserve. Wish them all the best this season. Tough road at 149 though with Metcalf. It would be great to see Kyle knock him off but I wouldn't bet on it. Hope they get a chance to go at it this year...

jukeboxhero
GoSectionV wrote:
jukeboxhero wrote:

Agree, it's great to see Kyle and other Section V and NYS guys get the recognition they deserve. Wish them all the best this season. Tough road at 149 though with Metcalf. It would be great to see Kyle knock him off but I wouldn't bet on it. Hope they get a chance to go at it this year...

I would love to see a Borshoff v. Metcalf match. Metcalf would be a great test for him, however I don't see Kyle getting past him. Doesn't mean I can't root for him though!
Page 1 of 1