Reno & Easton Duals View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Reno & Easton Duals

rayferraro1
Dear coaches & athletic directors:
My name is Ray Ferraro and I am the President of the Easton Wrestling Booster Club. We are looking for teams to come into our Easton Invitational Friday & Saturday Jan. 7 & 8, 2011. ( see attachment for more details ). We are also seeking schools from the East & South to attend the Reno Tournament of Champions in Reno, Nevada, Friday & Saturday Dec.17 & 18, 2010. This is a high profile Tournament with many College Coaches from across the Country in attendance . Easton has attended this Tournament every year for 15 years. The exposure is fantastic.Many nationally ranked wrestlers compete in this tournament every year. If you have a good team or good individuals this tournament is for you. For more information email me at rayferraro1@yahoo.com. The hotel rooms are approx. $60.00 per night.( you can put 2, 3 or 4 wrestlers in a room ) Thank you . Ray Ferraro
EASTON AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
DEPARTMENT OF ATHLETICS
401 South 25th Street – Easton, PA 18045
(610) 250-2575 FAX (610) 250-2600
Memorandum
To: Invited Schools
Subject: Easton Wrestling Invitational (Varsity & Junior High)
Date: January 2010
I am writing to organize a tentative list of interested schools for the Friday (p.m.), January 7, 2011 and Saturday (all day) January 8, 2011 Easton Wrestling Invitational. The 2010 invitational averaged 1200 fans per session. Please inform me of your intentions immediately. I am looking to host the event for two consecutive days. This is to accommodate “out of town” teams that may be entering. We had teams from six (6) states last year (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia).

We will be hosting the event again in 2011 at our 3000+ seat gymnasium
(5 or 6 mats/session) and also the newly renovated smaller gymnasium (2 mats/session) located at the current Easton Area Middle School Campus (formerly Shawnee Middle School) within our school district. The invitational can accommodate up to 30+ teams on 8 mats. We have had contact with many teams outside Pennsylvania that are interested in attending. I need to know how many competitions you want scheduled to organize tentative pairings. I will also need to know if you want the competitions on one day, two days or you have no preference.

NOTE:
We are also beginning to organize our Junior High Wrestling Invitational as part of this weekend. We will invite quality teams and create competitive dual matches. The junior high matches will be wrestled simultaneously with the varsity matches on various mats throughout the two gyms. In 2010 there were nine (9) junior high teams competing at various times throughout the invitational. This will help expose the younger wrestlers to the “large” crowd atmosphere of many varsity matches.
Please notify me immediately if your thoughts on entering the tournament change. Future correspondence will include information such as session times, ticket prices, and locker room assignments. There will be a $100.00 entrance fee charged for each dual match team (varsity and JH) wrestles. This will help defray the cost of officials, athletic training coverage and a hospitality room for coaches. Do not send payment now. I will notify you later this year once the schedules are set.
Please let me know if you need assistance in lodging for your team, parents, spectators, etc. I have had contact with local hotels to get you the best room prices possible. We will also be hosting various vendors (wrestling mat cleaning supplies, wrestling gear, photographers, etc.) at the event.

RETURN THIS FORM
School ____________________________________________________________________________
Address___________________________________State_________________Zip_________________
Athletic Director____________________________Phone____________Email___________________
Coach ____________________________________Phone_________________Email________________
_________ (check) WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE 2011 INVITATIONAL.
VARSITY:
Requesting ____Dual Meet Competitions versus________level of competition (#3 level being toughest).
(number) (number) (#1 level being easiest).

We would like to wrestle our competitions on ___Friday, ___Saturday or ___both days of the invitational.
(check one)
Write comments/concerns here:

JUNIOR HIGH:
Requesting _______Dual Meet Competitions versus______level of competition (#3 level being toughest).
(number) (number) (#1 level being easiest).

We would like to wrestle our competitions on ___Friday, ___Saturday or ___both days of the invitational.
(check one)
Write comments/concerns here:

Return to: Easton Area School District Fax to: 610-250-2600
Department of Athletics Email: pokrivsaj@eastonsd.org
401 South 25th Street
Easton, PA 18045
Page 1 of 1