Dake View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dake

WrestlerofthePast
Will anyone ever beat Dake? Will he be the next 4x NCAA DIV I Champp?!?!?

WRESTLINGGLOVES
It's hard to tell at the Division One level. There are too many variables. For example look at the CA state finals at 132 lbs. "Unbeatable" 3x state champ winning by 3 with 10 seconds left gets thrown to his back to lose the match. A classic is Dan Gable beaten in the NCAA finals his sr. year. Anything can happen at the highest levels, and that's why wrestling is exciting. I DO believe, however, that Dake could win it all. Only time will tell.

I know I'm pulling for him.

hot4wrestlers
Wrestlinggloves you have no idea what you are talking about gable will obviously beat the poop out of dake

till
hot4wrestlers wrote:
Wrestlinggloves you have no idea what you are talking about gable will obviously beat the poop out of dake

Your embarrassing this forum

spladel
completely! time to disappear

hot4wrestlers
till wrote:
hot4wrestlers wrote:

ill kill you in a wrestling match ............... Mr. High-Crotch

till
hot4wrestlers wrote:
till wrote:
hot4wrestlers wrote:

ill kill you in a wrestling match ............... Mr. High-Crotch

????

BBD
I don't think that he will be beat. Kyle only gets tougher in big matches!!!

dph12543
dake is a beast, he was already good in high school only got expedentially better in college, good luck to him!

fiveldinger
dph12543 wrote:
dake is a beast, he was already good in high school only got expedentially better in college, good luck to him!

DPH - I just read a post where you claimed to be a Cornell Grad. Now I am reading your use of the word "expedentially". Did you learn that word at Cornell? Just wondering because it hasn't reached the dictionary yet.

secVdad
fiveldinger wrote:
dph12543 wrote:

DPH - I just read a post where you claimed to be a Cornell Grad. Now I am reading your use of the word "expedentially". Did you learn that word at Cornell? Just wondering because it hasn't reached the dictionary yet.

I am pretty sure you are referring to my post in the Nevinger thread, to which dph replied. I did a search and he does not claim to have attended Cornell. I, however, did attend Cornell. It was an expedentially better experience than high school!

Old School Ranger
Time to resurrect this thread!

I hope Kyle Dake wins #4. I hope he reps for western NYS and Cornell, of course.

As to Dan Gable and his 4-time run, I recall it well, when Larry Owings beat him. I was also in the 142 lb. class then, in Div. II. I really didn't think he would lose, and recall being surprised when I heard Gable lost, like everyone else.

Here's hoping Kyle Dake is able to distinguish himself further among the best wrestlers, ever. I think he's already achieved that, and this would just mean he's among the best anywhere, anytime.

Raider92
Old School Ranger wrote:
Time to resurrect this thread!

I hope Kyle Dake wins #4. I hope he reps for western NYS and Cornell, of course.

As to Dan Gable and his 4-time run, I recall it well, when Larry Owings beat him. I was also in the 142 lb. class then, in Div. II. I really didn't think he would lose, and recall being surprised when I heard Gable lost, like everyone else.

Here's hoping Kyle Dake is able to distinguish himself further among the best wrestlers, ever. I think he's already achieved that, and this would just mean he's among the best anywhere, anytime.

Just a minor correction. Gable only had a three time NCAA run......Freshman could not compete on varsity during his time. Therefore he was "only" a 2x NCAA champ.

fiveldinger
secVdad wrote:
fiveldinger wrote:
dph12543 wrote:

I am pretty sure you are referring to my post in the Nevinger thread, to which dph replied. I did a search and he does not claim to have attended Cornell. I, however, did attend Cornell. It was an expedentially better experience than high school!

Don't care which of you English butchers coined the word but it still doesn't exist in our world.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080428191904AAjIPIy

Old School Ranger
Yes you are correct on the # of titles. I meant to say undefeated in their college career. Gable was that until that 1970 match. The '69/'70 season was the first time that freshmen were eligible for the NCAA tournament, so the first potential 4-time champ would have been the 1973 season if they began in 1970.