Spencerport coaching change. View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Spencerport coaching change.

the kind one
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120402/SPORTS08/304020040/Spencerport-wrestling-Tony-D-Ambra?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Well John Pelin, hopefully you dont ruin a good thing. I'm shocked IMO.

T60
Wow a bomb just went off in spencerport!! Ok Spencerport fan what is the deal something must of happened behind the scenes? I would say about 99% of spencerport fans really like dambra after all he was coy.

NIMROD
Please, lets get the discussion going on this. Total, total shock!

newschoolranger
The 'bomb' that went off was even heard out here in Ohio today. Someone has to dish the details on this one ASAP.

Hambone
It's possible that not being a full-time teacher violates some foolish union regulation.

NIMROD
That's not it unless a full-time teacher wants to bump him.

Hambone
NIMROD wrote:

Does Glover teach in Spencerport?

the kind one
Hambone wrote:
NIMROD wrote:

Does Glover teach in Spencerport?

i believe Glover is a full time teacher in the district. I doubt they would give it to him the 2nd time around if they bypassed him after Jacoutout's retirement. I have no idea what has been happening on the inside, but I was shocked about this. I guess finishing top 6 in the state with multiple place winners along with 2 coach of the year awards wasnt good enough. Could it be he wasnt a Spencerport guy? Who knows, it will be interesting who goes for this job and who ultimately gets it.
The team was young and starting to come into its own. I feel bad for the kids, who seemed to really trust him. Hopefully someone gets on board ASAP. Summer wrestling creates Winter champions.

wrestlerdad44
This is a shame, Dambra, Glover and Collura are a great coaching mix for that program. My bet is that it has something to do with being a part time employee in the district and possibly a full time instructor wanting the position.

the kind one
wrestlerdad44 wrote:
This is a shame, Dambra, Glover and Collura are a great coaching mix for that program. My bet is that it has something to do with being a part time employee in the district and possibly a full time instructor wanting the position.

There is no one in the Spencerport district as a teacher that has the credentials to take over the program. They are not just gonna give it to Joe Schmoe, the business teacher who likes to watch the WWE. There has been plenty of other coaches at Spencerport in other sports who have nothing to do with the district as a educator. They will go out and get the absolute best coach for the position, regardless of him being a teacher in the district. Paging BJ Jr, come on home!

NIMROD
I don't think Glover would do that to D'Ambra but I could be wrong. And if Joe Schmoe the full-time business teacher with 15 years in the system wanted to bump a part-timer he could by Union policies, even if he had only minimal experience in the field of wrestling. Hopefully the AD would discourage it but he could grieve it and probably win it.

NIMROD
Poor Tony..... There had better be a good reason for this move. How about replacing Palin. He's so full of himself! AD's, lawyers, and politicians are all out of the same mold. Sickening........ Oh I forgot, referees are not far off this group.

60lbsl8r
Im disgusted that a good coach can have his job stripped from him because him and the athletic director don't see eye to eye. Its a shame a real shame. Think of the kids who've had relationships built up with coach D'Ambra, now Pelin is gonna ruin all that progress.

wrestlingny
Pelin is gonna ruin all that progress. I say fire his xxxx, How maney people would like to see Palin Fired , Go to the School baord meeting tomorrow night.

T60
Makes me very glad to have an AD like Bourne that supports the program 100% and lets the coach do his job.
Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next