Herrinshaw View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Herrinshaw

section6isbest
section 3 not to knowledge his state title because of cheating (rolling injury time)

Havefaith1
It won't happen, nor will this post stay up, they have deleted MANY post weather they have just stated their opinion or bashed the kid! Guess they are more worried about saving a bad kids reputation rather than showing him cheating is NOT OK!

LATDROP
I'm not defending the kid because he should have gutted it out but how about talking about all the wrestlers who use the finger twirl? The Locust Valley kids have mastered this move and the 126 used it to get a fresh start and that's why he beat the section 3 kid.

Smoothrider
I saw a section 1 wrestler do it to spallina in the round to place with about 10-12 seconds left in the match. Kid twirled his finger got a restart and ended up throwing Mike with short time on the clock to win.

Falcs96
Uhh yeah, the LV kids have "mastered" it. That's pretty uncalled for, considering the very small sample size you have at hand.

I assume your other example is Gomez, who has had a back issue since his match with Cox last season. He also left the ES tournament because of it, and has missed other matches this year as well.

LATDROP
You seem like a very knowledgeable wrestling person so you should know exactly what I'm talking about. They do it every tournament I've been to and that is a big reason why Dusold beat the section 3 kid. If you deny that then I'm not sure you need to comment any further... Sorry to hear about his back but I personally watched him finger twirl at ES to get out of a TD. They are great wrestlers but no need to pretend they don't use this flaw in the rules to their advantage. This is a serious issue that the state needs to address asap. My opinion is just use the college rules

Falcs96
Again, he twirled because his back wrenched on him. Have you ever had a back injury? It is the most frustrating injury in the world, because as soon as you think you're over it, one bad turn and your back to square one. Hes missed about 7 matches this year as a result, and barely made it through the Mosher match that followed.....then he left the tournament. I'm sorry you are convinced it's some kind of strategy, but you are off base. And Dusold was not in the process of giving up any points to Spann, so you are extremely stretching that. Hunter is a tough kid, and that's the first time he's ever needed a halt that didn't involve blood. It's not even worth discussing anymore.

LATDROP
Never said they were bad kids but I've watched them wrestle for several years now and I'm just calling it like I see it. LV has a great program and some very tough kids. Surprisingly you are saying I'm stretching the 126 match because everyone sitting near me was saying the same thing... It's a flaw in the rules and many kids not just LV take advantage of it. I hope his back heals up because he has a real shot to win more state titles.

Falcs96
Everyone sitting near you? I'm sure alot of people sitting near you are the same ones justifying Mauriello getting pinged for 4 points in 15 seconds, so I'm not too concerned about that. Whether you realize it or not, you're accusing kids of cheating......as well as a coaching staff I know for a fact would never condone operating that way.

And as far as things we've been seeing for years, an upstate ref screwing a Long Island kid is nothing new.

LATDROP
I posted earlier that the ref totally screwed the section 11 kid and should be ashamed. He wanted to have all the eyes on him so trust me when I say I call it like I see it(with my own eyes not what I've heard). I don't care what section or team a kid is from. I'm just a fan of wrestling and have been around the sport for a long time so I know what is and isn't going on. The finger twirl is a state wide problem that needs to be taken care of. If the finger twirl fits..
Page 1 of 1