John Klock 2017 (need 2 teams) View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
John Klock 2017 (need 2 teams)

revdl
Coaches,

Unfortunately, I have had a couple of teams have to drop out of my tournament of Jan 14th. It is a great tournament with great competition. The last 2 years West Henderson NC has won the tournament and teams were on the road home by no later 6:30. We also have matches on Friday Jan 13th. Currently we have room to add at least one more team that night and you will be guaranteed 3 matches and if time permits I can get you a 4th. This would mean you could be guaranteed up to 9 matches in 2 days. If you are interested please email me at donnie.shipley@ecschools.net and I will send you a copy of the contract and the tentative schedule.

Third Annual John Klock Classic Duals

Date: January 14, 2017

907 Jason Witten Way
Elizabethton TN 37643

Entry Fee: To try to cut down on teams dropping out at the last minute this year we are going to ask teams pay a nonrefundable deposit of $75.00 to reserve their spot in the tournament. To encourage teams to pay the deposit early I have set up the following team fees:

$150.00 per team (if deposit paid before Oct. 31, 2016)
$ 175.00 per team after Oct 31, 2016
Please make checks payable to Elizabethton High School Athletics and mail all deposits with signed contracts to the above address.

Format: Teams will be divided into 4 pools and wrestle 5 duals each. My goal again this year is to have 16 teams with 4 mats so that we can finish no later than 6PM. If we have 16 teams the top teams from each pool will come out and face off to determine 1st through 4th place. The 2nd place finishers will come out and face off to determine 5th through 8th place. The third and fourth place teams will also do likewise to determine 9th through 16th places. This will guarantee everyone five matches in one day.

Background Information: This will be the third annual John Klock Classic Duals. Last year we had 16 teams committed (15 showed up the day of the meet) and everyone got five matches in a day and wrestling finished by 6 PM. West Henderson High School from North Carolina won the event for the second year in a row. My goal this year is to keep as close to that tournament schedule making it a relatively short day by wrestling standards. My hope again this year is to try to promote this as multistate event by getting at least 4 teams from North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee and then trying to maintain a presence from West VA by getting at least 3 teams from there This would give me 15 teams and my team would round the tournament as the 16th team. If this happens I plan to divide the pools up in such a way that most teams will get at least 2 out of state matches in the day. I believe this can be an awesome day of wrestling for everyone and this year to try to ensure teams are getting matches I’m going to ask that teams that enter the tournament have a minimum of 8 wrestlers on their squads to keep things competitive. If you are interested in being a part of this special event that honors the Coach that started wrestling in Elizabethton please let me know so that I can begin putting together a tentative roster for this event.

Weigh-Ins: 7:00-8:30 AM
Wrestle: 9:00 AM

Awards:
Custom Championship Belt for Coach of Winning team and Medals for all of the wrestlers
Plaques and/or trophies will be awarded for 2nd through 5th places.

Hospitality Room: Will be available for coaches, referees, administrators, and tournament workers.

Teams that have given a verbal or email commitment for 2017:

From TN
Daniel Boone, Clinton, Elizabethton, Greeneville, Sullivan East, Knox Webb, Morristown East,

From VA
John Battle

From NC
Cannon High School, West Henderson, Smoky Mountain, East Henderson

From West Va.
Pikeview Princeton

Concessions and T-Shirts will be available for the tournament.

Contact Info:
Donnie Shipley
Elizabethton Wrestling Coach Cell(423)794-9882 Work (423)547-8015
Donnie.shipley@ecschools.net
Page 1 of 1