Yanni Vs Troy Nickerson View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Yanni Vs Troy Nickerson

the kind one
Even when I was in high school 20 years ago, you would BARELY see any 8th graders. In fact, it was more common that you would have to wait till you were a junior or senior even to make the team! I agree with Marty here. Maybe at the top guys today are just as good, maybe even better then in the past. But today there is absolutely no depth!

LImarty
the kind one-

Your sentiment is lost in today's illusion of greatness- and- specifically, in today's Nu Skol style.

Old School wrestling was "boring"....ugly to watch. Wrestlers would throw in legs and ride out periods without stalls or stalemates.....BUT, most top class wrestlers were battle tested within their own community- for three years as 10th/11th/ 12th graders....an 8th/ 9th grader had three shots slim and none- or the freshmen team. Like I said a million times- SCHOOLING. Top, bottom, on you feet- defense- counter. These were learned disciplines that were DRILLED over and over again..NO MATTER what your level was- Wrestling Rooms were dungeons - that had puddles of water on the mat- the temperature was always over 80- and- bloody noses were everywhere...LOL....THEN , come back tomorrow for some more.

Chris Edmunds/ Tenn beat another NYS wrestler Pete Capone/Hofstra in the DI NCAA Finals. Edmunds was a 1X Nassau Co. Champ...lol. He like others- lots of others- had to wait their turn to get into the HS Varsity line-up. ...this is why MANY ALL-TIME NYS greats only had a chance at 2 titles- mainly, because they couldnt break into their line-up until they were juniors.

...in regards to the BEST today. All things being equal- to the rules in place yesterday and today. The BEST at anytime would find their way in any decade. They would fit- in any climate of social change .....BUT, with that being said....IT, was much harder to get it done back when- there were more doing it- and when contact sports were KING.

Frank70
I wrestled frank in the state finals what a quick powerful wrestler

provocateur
Nickerson was a great wrestler. Also belonging in the all time great list would be Jantzen and Adam Mariano. I think Vito belongs there, too. Nickerson rolled through Fargo, but Yianni is a 2X world cadet champion. Nickerson never wrestled anyone in HS with Yianni's takedown defense. Nickerson TFd and pinned virtually everyone, but he would have trouble scoring points on Yianni.

LImarty
LOL.

Yianni would never take down Troy- and Nickerson would dominate on the mat. Yianni doesnt ride as well as Troy did- and if, Yianni had to open up- Troy would then go on and DOMINATE HIM.

BTW- Troy's HS victorys over National competition both in Folk/ FS are far superior to Yianni's.

This doesnt discredit Yianni's talent-

Like always YOU are clueless. Next week you will be raving about the NEXT new flavored ice cream !!!!!

Falcs96
"This doesnt discredit Yianni's talent-"

This is my favorite line of your post.........after thoroughly discrediting Yianni's talent.

provocateur
No way does TN take down Yianni. Who did he ever face in high school that had that kind of takedown defense? Yianni had 2 WORLD titles. Chew on that LIMoron. Nickerson for as good as he was only won sr nats by a point.

Marty discredits everyone except the 70s jocks that he worships. That video with DeAngelis is somewhat less than impressive given today's elite standards.

Bouzakis broke the mould as an 8th grade champ and that was in the late 80s.

Nice one Falcs - Marty always runs these kids down and then adds a disclaimer that he's not running them down. A55hole.

LImarty
DISCREDIT ?????

lol. Yianni D- is superior to most kids he has faced TODAY...not TOMORROW.

TODAY isnt YESTERDAY....or the WEEK before.....or the DECADE before....or the DECADEs before

Just using - an educated eye. I believe MANY former wrestlers would be ALL WORLD against the current crop of superstars. This is my opinion- and those who are more humble than me.

Let's just stay in Section V

96 lbs - Yianni D vs Bobby Dierna or Ian Paddock...maybe, even Trevor Chinn ???

135-145- Yianni D- vs Ian Paddock or Gregor Gillespie.....lol....Frank Deangelis ?? Didnt Paddock beat a 4X NCAA Champ ??? lol

You guys better hide the stuff you are smoking....

provocateur
Paddock didn't beat a 4 time NCAA champ. He beat a very good high school wrestler who ended up having one of the greatest college careers of all time. Your analogies are impossibly stupid.

Gregor was third behind Schlatter and Metcalf as a senior. That's some pretty good company. Would a sr Yianni take him out - or the mythical Yianni that you put into a weight class that's not his prime to make yet another stupid comparison?

LImarty
lol.

You seem to make the same argument every cycle-

EVALUATION of talent is not your specialty..lol

Again, Yianni, Vito are solid kids and would probably contend at any time -all things being equal. Style/Rules

...that being said. VITO Arujau vs NICK Arujau same age/ time. IMO- Nick beat better locally- and- nationally. I was in his corner for many of those matches.

provocateur
You don't seem to have any specialty except a huge ego.

sec4fan
Troy Nickerson is #9 in the best wrestlers in the USA in the past 20 years. http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/179

techbandit
yanni smokes every single name in this thread...dierna and paddock were supertough but not world class quite like yanni. dierna and paddock were the best around...not the best in the country, and not the best in the world. smarten up

LImarty
Happy New Year.

...Freestyle is not Folk. "The TIMEs they are a chang'n "

Falcs96
Yianni does not "smoke" Jesse Jantzen. Just stop it already.

Last edited by Falcs96 on Jan 3, 2017; edited 1 time in total
Page 3 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next