Yanni Vs Troy Nickerson View previous topic | View next topic

Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Yanni Vs Troy Nickerson

techbandit
ahh...no , i wasnt trolling you. i just kind felt like some of what i was saying has been expressed previously by you. i did think you would likely offer some opinions. it seems like the great coaches are getting out with their dignity, and we have less and less great coaches around as time goes on. i remember looking up to many tough, inspiring, demanding coaches that made us better. these coaches held kids responsiblr and pushed kids to we ork harder

provocateur
The talent pool is less, but the elite are better. But I don't see this as having changed much from the Jantzen years - at least in folk. It definitely has in the other styles.

LImarty
LMAO !!!!

.."THE ELITE ARE BETTER".

Each year this moron- continues to boast about the new flavored ICE CREAM ....lol.

FACT IS.....each four year cycle shows the DECLINE of talent from New York State - NATIONALLY. Both in HS wrestling and in college wrestling. This isnt even arguable .

The ELITE (lol) -as someone said- isnt even a "pimple" on a former ELITE'S BUTT !!!!!!

"TALENT comes in ALL sizes- CHAMPIONS come at ALL different times- yet, TALENTED CHAMPIONs are not ALL equal"...LImarty.

Falcs96
The "elites" are better than what? Have you ever seen the Brands brothers wrestle? I don't want to get all "Marty" on you here, but the elites being better today is a very suspect statement. They're all being taught today by the guys of yesterday.

LImarty
Falcs,

CLARITY- is something you have...lol

provocateur
You don't think that the elite in HS wrestling in the past several years is better falcs? Look at how the US placed at cadet worlds this year. Look at Spencer Lee and Mark Hall. The elite is better now than it used to be.

LImarty
Go look at the Jantzen video and compare that with ANY kid in High School wrestling today.....or maybe, go watch a Cary Kolat video when in High School...Dustin Schlatter ......then tell me about overused words such as "ELITE".

Yes, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL....."WRESTLERs" who are the top of their cycle, decade, era could, would probably fit in at any time BUT, ALL CHAMPs are not equal.

provocateur
Jantzen and Schlatter were great wrestlers. You don't think that Spencer Lee or the medalists from juniors and cadets compares with those guys? Click your heels three times.

brainiac
LImarty wrote:
WRESTLING TODAY pales in comparison to wrestling yesterday and the day before that.

ummm I'm not so sure Marty,,,We all remember wrestlers being rougher,,meaner on the mat ,,a.k,a, DeAngelis,,,however the sport has evolved as well Yianni ,,Troy.. JJ ,,,Gilliespie..all would have dominated in any era,,,although yes,,the sport has been pussified...like everything else

techbandit
well put

LImarty
DOMINATED ??? Nick Piccininni DOMINATED 3X PA State Champ Luke Pletcher-

Nickerson and MANY others would have beaten Piccininni -----easily. Corey Jantzen would have teched Piccininni- LOL. PS. Trevor Lee use to hand Nickerson his jock...

Think Kolat would have had a hard time with Pletcher....lol. I can name 10 wrestlers off the Top of my head from PA- that would have beaten Pletcher ----easily. Jordan Oliver, Garrett Scott, Charles Griffen, Coleman Scott, and I havent gone back 20 yrs...too funny !!!

EVOLUTION = POLUTION !!!

today is 1/2 the style of folk yesterday. Stalling is maintained in the neutral position...and the MAJORITY of wrestlers can not wrestle on the mat.

YOU GUYS ARE DELUSIONAL !!!!!

brainiac- NOPE. Nickerson would not DOMINATE a Iacovelli. Jantzen would not DOMINATE a DeAngelis. Yianni would not DOMINATE a Bury........Might be the other way..lol.

FOR THE 100TH TIME. Pick the most productive years in NYS Wrestling. NUMBERS- bare this out. The CLOSEST time period when NYS was equal to PA - was in the mid 70s thru the mid 80s....each decade since it has grown consistently apart. Then again if, you clowns feel that PA isnt the king of the mat- Then there is NO HOPE for you.

Last edited by LImarty on Feb 13, 2017; edited 1 time in total

quickpick
Kolat was by all accounts the best high school wrestler of all time. He didn't have a hard time with anyone including college competition while he was still in HS. Was college "soft" then or was he just that good? Kolat is a poor example to prove your point. He is the exception to the rule.

LImarty
Same goes for GABLE too.

quick,

there have BEEN GREAT NYS wrestlers who only won ONE Sectional title- and- only went to ONE State Tourney. WHY ??? I will tell you that the Sport back in the 60s was drawing the BEST athletes in the school- and in the late 60s- the progression of PA coach's influence was now entering NY. By the time the 70s came in - you had the LARGEST amount of wrestlers throughout the State (in history). Hence, the "baby boom" generation was at it's peak '74 thru '84... Now, you do the Math. More doing it- in a contact sport friendly society- and the school's BEST athletes involved. Freshmen teams had wrestle-offs, most teams had JVs, and Varsitys had wrestle-offs. BTW- in League 1/ Suffolk Co.- most HSs. had graduating classes anywhere from 900- 1100 - Brentwood HS- had graduating classes of over 2000... THEN, they split the school. Ross/ Sonderling. We use to call it Brentwood University.

So, you tell me- YA THINK DA SWAMP WAS FULL OF GATORS ?????????????????????????????? I saw -what most people on here just talk about.

ps. Back in the '60s/ '70s- many Long Island HS top seniors entered College Opens.. BTW. my TOP 5- HS wrestlers EVER in NYS- mainly come from Nassau Co- and Suffolk...EXCEPT, for DeAngelis. Thomas (below 105) , Bury (112-119), Macchia (119-125). Actually, Michael Macchia in my opinion is the BEST NYS HS wrestler - along w/ DeAngelis. Macchia was that gifted and that good.

Story about Jeff Thomas- every day after his Huntington practice- he and his brother would go through a second practice with their dad- They had mats in the house. Others like Piccozzi and other top wrestlers would go over too. When that was done. Jeff, would have to do 1000 push-ups/ 1000 pull- ups before he could go to bed.....Yep, this resembles what Im seeing today. One scoop or two scoops...sprinkles ???

btw- that 1976 Huntington Team went to PA for a Tourney- I believe they called it the Eastern's ...ALL of PAs best individual wrestlers. The Huntington Team won the Tourney. This Team was published in Sports Illustrated.

TRUST ME on this. Anyone thinking that HS wrestling is better now than 10-15 yrs ago- is not seeing too clearly...AND NYS is now a second tier folkstyle wrestling State. Not enough QUALITY kids compared to PA/ NJ/ Ohio/ Iowa/ Cali/ ... now, at this level Illinois/ Michigan/ Indiana etc. 15 yrs ago we could compete. with the top.

Caelknows
LImarty wrote:
DOMINATED ??? Nick Piccininni DOMINATED 3X PA State Champ Luke Fletcher-

Nickerson and MANY others would have beaten Piccininni -----easily. Corey Jantzen would have teched Piccininni- LOL. PS. Trevor Lee use to hand Nickerson his jock...

Think Kolat would have had a hard time with Fletcher....lol. I can name 10 wrestlers off the Top of my head from PA- that would have beaten Fletcher ----easily. Jordan Oliver, Garrett Scott, Charles Griffen, Coleman Scott, and I havent gone back 20 yrs...too funny !!!

EVOLUTION = POLUTION !!!

today is 1/2 the style of folk yesterday. Stalling is maintained in the neutral position...and the MAJORITY of wrestlers can not wrestle on the mat.

YOU GUYS ARE DELUSIONAL !!!!!

brainiac- NOPE. Nickerson would not DOMINATE a Iacovelli. Jantzen would not DOMINATE a DeAngelis. Yianni would not DOMINATE a Bury........Might be the other way..lol.

FOR THE 100TH TIME. Pick the most productive years in NYS Wrestling. NUMBERS- bare this out. The CLOSEST time period when NYS was equal to PA - was in the mid 70s thru the mid 80s....each decade since it has grown consistently apart. Then again if, you clowns feel that PA isnt the king of the mat- Then there is NO HOPE for you.

Who the hell is Luke Fletcher? You mention him twice. Never heard of him.....

HHS83
It's Pletcher, not Fletcher. The "P" is in the top row, far right. Might want to proofread you post before hitting submit.
Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next