Otterbein University goes 4-0 at JCU Duals, Defeats #9 Lycom View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Otterbein University goes 4-0 at JCU Duals, Defeats #9 Lycom

CardyStyle
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Ohio – The first-year Otterbein wrestling team turned in an impressive showing Sunday at the John Carroll University Duals, winning all four matches to remain perfect on the young season.

Otterbein (5-0) began the day with a lopsided 43-4 victory over Alfred State, getting pins from Jackson Lakso at 125 pounds, Jake Vaughan at 141 and Gage Archer at 285. Willy Plaisir posted a major decision at 157 pounds while Tyler Norris, Cortez Gainey, Donny Didion, Braden Neuberger and Drew Kasper all registered wins to start their day as well.

The Cardinals quickly turned around to handle Adrian College with ease, flying away for a 43-6 triumph behind pins from Vaughan, Neuberger, Archer and 184-pounder Corbin Bunsold. Lakso recorded a major decision win in the process.

The most notable result came in the third matchup of the day as Otterbein took down No. 9-ranked Lycoming College by a count of 30-13. Lakso, Norris and Bunsold all pinned their opponents while Vaughan, Plaisir, Kasper and Archer all tallied decisions.

Otterbein made it a perfect day with a rout of Lourdes University to culminate the afternoon, notching a 52-3 win as seven-different Cardinals emerged by pin. Full match results/box scores will be posted as soon as they become available.

The team will get back to work at practice this week before looking to carry its momentum into next weekend, traveling to compete at the Olivet College Duals in Michigan. Start time is currently slated for 9 a.m.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OtterbeinWrestling/?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cardywrestling

coachmyersgutcheck
My name is Dustin Myers and I am the Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Ohio Regional Training Center at Ohio State, and the founder of The Old School Gym. I have helped train wrestlers at every level of the sport - from youth to the Olympic Games and have developed a proven system that will get your wrestlers strong where it matters - on the mat - and in peak condition when they need it most. My new E-Book “Strength & Conditioning for Wrestling: In-Season Edition” will teach you everything you need to help your athletes be strong, fast, and relentless this season.

*16 week In season strength program
*Dynamic Warm Up/Injury Prevention program
*Conditioning schedule
*full exercise library
*how to fix common strength deficiencies
*Nutrition info
*Personal Development

Order here:
https://oldschoolgym.com/collections/all-products/products/strength-conditioning-for-wrestling-e-book

“Whether I was cutting weight for 61kg or bulking up for 65kg, Coach Myers had my strength at an all time high! I’ve never felt stronger and more conditioned on the mat.”
-Reece Humphrey, 3 x US Open Champ, 3 x USA Wrestling World Team

“Dustin was instrumental in me reaching my full potential as an athlete. He is top notch at pinpointing the areas where an individual wrestler needs physical improvement. Additionally, his ability to relate to people is what really sets him apart. For any young aspiring wrestler, his training regimen can make the difference.”
- Tommy Rowlands, 2 x NCAA Champion, 2 x Olympic Alternate

“Coach Myers has found a good mix of toughness and science. He has created a great system that allows wrestlers to make functional and sport specific strength gains”
-Tervel Dlagnev, 2 x Olympian, World Bronze Medalist
Page 1 of 1