2017 U-E Duals Pool Assignments & Schedule View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
2017 U-E Duals Pool Assignments & Schedule

UETigersWrestling
http://uewrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/17_UE_Duals_Pools_Schedule.pdf

132nomore
Predictions or match ups anyone looking forward to this weekend ?

LImarty
Long Beach/ VIII-Nassau. should be in the Finals.

Rocky Point/ XI- Suffolk. could surprise if their line-up gets handled correctly.

Long Island's -Wantagh, Mattituck, Massapequa should all be well represented.

....just an opinion

tampacuse
Long Beach has the easiest pool

LImarty
Agree.

Though, I dont think it would matter what pool they are in. I am just glad that they are separated from the other quality LI Teams.

Falcs96
Well, we know Yianni is out. The big question is, what about Teemer?

tampacuse
Anyone have any ideas as to why Hilton is Ranked #1 in the state polls and Long Beach has the #1 seed at U-E duals.I understanding Long Beach beat Hilton at U-E last year, what's the reasoning for long Beach not #1 in the polls?

lotrz
Some people put stock in the team with the highest score at State. I totally disagree with that notion.
Other than that, the people responsible for the rankings must have decided that last years head to head was
a take down away from claiming Hilton as #1. They must think the slight changes in both teams lineups push it
towards Hilton this year....I quess

cya

Falcs96
Who's "they"?? There's no "they". ONE GUY does the rankings.....Glen Irving. That's that. He's like the Wizard of Oz for HS wrestling.

Dragtrip
These debates will all be put to bed finally starting next year with the new state dual meet tournament...no more excuses or opinions...can't wait!

Falcs96
There wouldn't be silly debates like this, if there were bright, objective people in charge. But there isnt. I mean really now, what in the hell could possibly be the reason that the team that won the UE Duals and graduated just ONE starter would not be the top ranked team the following season? It doesn't make any sense.

And the D2 state rankings are even worse.

Yeah, the state duals can't come soon enough. This "paper Champions" crap has got to go.

Last edited by Falcs96 on Jan 5, 2017; edited 1 time in total

LImarty
THEY...use to be the NYS Sportswriters ..lol !!!

who.....yearly forgot that Long Island had wrestling teams...LMFAO !!!

It was always Spencerport/ Johnson City/ Fulton/ etc. etc. etc.....and then waaaaay down you would see a Long Island team mentioned.

Long Island is that place on your map - that extends into the LI Sound/ Atlantic Ocean.

Ive seen some REALLY GREAT TEAMs over the years...lol...AND you guys missed many.

Dragtrip
Oh and I almost forgot...hopefully much less blah blah blah from you know who lol

allthat
Any up dates on the UE duels? Or links for results?

Heisenberg
Saw some results on newyorkwrestlingnews.com