Rankings View previous topic | View next topic

Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Rankings

mikef272002
MarineSniper wrote:
Yeah, I can see how you can unintentionally miss some kids, but then again I do understand. I'm just gonna lay back, watch some Quality NYS Wrestling and what happens, ***HAPPENS***. Good Luck to all of The NYS Teams thru Sectionals, Supers and STATES. You all are special to this WRESTLING FANATIC. Oh, I will continue to watch the Rankings thru out the Year. SEMPER-FI TO ANY JAR HEADS OUT THERE ESPECIALLY THE COACHES. MARINE SNIPER, SOUTHERN TIER OF N.Y. GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OUR WRESTLERS AND COACHES.

Semper Fi brother... 2/8 and 3/8 Weapons Co..

OutsidetheROC
mikef272002 wrote:
OutsidetheROC wrote:
New rankings are out, and again 220 and 285 are a mass of confusion. The Finger Lakes West is a small division (five teams), and yet there was apparently such a rush to snag an honorable mention from one of those teams at 220, that they grabbed a kid who has a 21-7 record with no quality wins, over a kid with a 32-3 record who has beaten the 21-7 kid three times this season by pin and torn through ranked wrestlers in Section III and Section IV. How does a kid who has made so much noise this season continue to go completely unnoticed?

If head-to-head is the top criteria at every wrestling tournament we attend, why is it a non-issue on these rankings? Let's give the big boys their due and look at 220 and 285 as closely and carefully as we do the other weight classes, and for goodness sake, take a look at the big boys in the FL West with your glasses on before creating the next set of rankings. There's an obvious omission here.

Where do you see new state rankings?

New Section V rankings are on three home page.

imwithher2018
Why don't we do away with rankings? And let the results speak for themselves. I mean at the end of the season a wrestler does not get an award for being ranked .. what is the real point of rankings ? just like being seeded number one does that mean a kid who is not seeded beat him ? If rankings have so much merit bport should be number one after beating Hilton

Falcs96
Rankings are for fun.
You don't sound like much fun.

MarineSniper
Semper-Fi, I CO, 3RD BATT, 6th Marines, 2Nd Marine Division. Camp Lejeune, MILITARY POLICE/BASE MP. NAPLES ITALY, SECURITY GUARD ALSO GUARDED THE VATICAN ON OCCASSION. LOVED my JOBS. DURING THE CUBAN CRISIS, OUR CO, I Co 3RD BATT 6TH Marines were on Cuban Fence line When things were ready to Escalate. Did a lot of Wrestling and Boxing in our 1 day off a week.

MarineSniper
Sorry, forgot this was for wrestling only. just some insight for my buddy MARINE.

mikef272002
MarineSniper wrote:
Sorry, forgot this was for wrestling only. just some insight for my buddy MARINE.

OohRah!

imwithher2018
http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/military/article/The-Chanifesto-Wrestling-clinics-pay-tribute-to-848329.php

Marine wrestler

imwithher2018
Great read
I've done my research he was a tough one
Rip

bigkev_ref
Byron 52,Spada 60

With Grippi bumping up, What does Barczak do? 60 might be easier now.

Section 9 doesn't seed until next week.

Falcs96
Not seeing 160 as being that much easier, if at all. Ferro, Cuomo, Loew and Logan are tremendous wrestlers. PLUS, you're gonna make an 8 pound bump this late in the season to face them??? Good luck.

bigkev_ref
Barczak wrestled at 60 last weekend at a tourney and got MOW, then wrestled 60 on 1/27 in the Section 9 dual championship. Not sure it's a huge bump.

Falcs96
Oh, I'm not saying he can't compete at 160......or even place there. I just don't see how that weight class is much easier than 152.

lotrz
I may put Pappas #1 at 152.

Grippi and Melbourne going at it in the divisionals,
and will meet again next weekend. Maybe even meet up a 3rd time at state.

Barczak can hold his own with those top 3 any day of the week. I think it's gonna be the best weight at state.
I'm also not forgetting 4 or 5 other guys at 152.

cya

Falcs96
It's certainly deep, but I dont think top top guys at 152 are any better than the top guys at 160. If Gissendanner we're there, then yes.
Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next