thereptileguys
B port 35. Hilton 33 great matches hs wrestling at its best

Oldskool
Looked like an exciting dual!

WrestlingFanNY
Looks like poor decision to give forfeits
were kids sick or Hilton/Cowport just dodging weights

thereptileguys
Hilton only forfeited 106 . Brockport forfeited two 9th graders in lineup cause of injuries.

WrestlingFanNY
Oh so Hilton dodged 106
They purposely gave up a match

fivecountfor3
Damn I had to work late those have been some great matches to watch
Holy upset

Smoothrider
WrestlingFanNY wrote:
Oh so Hilton dodged 106
They purposely gave up a match

Nope? No one dodged anyone Hilton put Burgos at 99 thinking he would win instead of putting out there 7th grade 99 pounder who lost to that kid earlier in the year. It was still the right move to fft to Anders at 106 because he had pinned Burgos at counties. So no Hilton didn't dodge anyone it was all strategy.

Smoothrider
Hilton is very weak in there middle weights... and then when you take Yianni out of the picture it almost makes it impossible to overcome teams like Mattituck Minsink valley and Brockport the 3 teams they lost to this year. Still a great match and congrats to Brockport

WrestlingFanNY
Didn't Hiltons 106 get pinned by Cowport 106?
And the other 99 was healthy?
That was a poor move
The 7th grader may not have gave up a pin at 99 but giving up 6 points at 106?
Bad game of Chess
I disagree it was a dodge

firemenj
WrestlingFanNY wrote:
That was a poor move
Bad game of Chess

??? Then you do not know strategy or do not understand what you are reading.

If the other team's 106 pounder has pinned your 99 pounder, he is too big for your 99 pounder and bumping him up is unlikely to yield less than 6 points. Even if you avoid the pin, you're giving up at least 3. Your other 99 pounder, a younger kid, has lost to the other pounder. Therefore, you are giving up between 6 to 9 points at those two weights. By keeping your primary 99 pounder at 99, yes you are giving up 6 at 106, but you believe that your 99 pounder will win with at least a decision, maybe more. So therefore, instead of giving up 6-9 you are giving up 3 or less, possibly a wash. The strategy backfired because Daly came ready to wrestle and pulled an upset, props to Daly, that was the difference in the match and the main reason Brockport pulled the upset.

Once again, not dodging, strategy. It made no sense to bump up in this situation.

Smoothrider
firemenj wrote:
WrestlingFanNY wrote:
That was a poor move
Bad game of Chess

??? Then you do not know strategy or do not understand what you are reading.

If the other team's 106 pounder has pinned your 99 pounder, he is too big for your 99 pounder and bumping him up is unlikely to yield less than 6 points. Even if you avoid the pin, you're giving up at least 3. Your other 99 pounder, a younger kid, has lost to the other pounder. Therefore, you are giving up between 6 to 9 points at those two weights. By keeping your primary 99 pounder at 99, yes you are giving up 6 at 106, but you believe that your 99 pounder will win with at least a decision, maybe more. So therefore, instead of giving up 6-9 you are giving up 3 or less, possibly a wash. The strategy backfired because Daly came ready to wrestle and pulled an upset, props to Daly, that was the difference in the match and the main reason Brockport pulled the upset.

Once again, not dodging, strategy. It made no sense to bump up in this situation.

Thank you

techbandit
huuuge upset win for bport...especially after a dumping against spencyville. nice to see them bounce back. big wins for many of the younger guys like tyler daly topping burgos. wrestling fan is clueless and making wreckless , talking out the butt comments...ignore n enjoy. hilton and their fans r a class act.

techbandit
smooth rider usually on point and a good sport too as i know he is a hilton guy. daly upsetting burgos comment was spot on and it was the difference in the match. seeing those two wrestle in postseason will b something to look for.

fivecountfor3
Don't you guys get your panties in a bunch.....
Not sure if Rocco has ever wrestled Daly but I would probably put my money on Rocco....
The kid has skills and I've been told Daly is more a soccer player and he only wrestles a few months a year....
Personally I don't understand the move I've watched these kids grow up it's going to be an interesting Saturday Smile

WrestlingFanNY
My pants are fine...its the Hilton guy, you don't give up 6 points if you have a healthy wrestler, Burgos should be able to hold off Anders, it was a dodge.
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next