Wild Cards View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wild Cards

oldschool1
As we wait to hear who will get a wild card tomorrow I just wanted to take a minute because I had a chance to read the posts regarding the incident that happened Saturday night at Super Sectionals after Venosa and Wersinger wrestled. I happened to be standing right where it all went down. I had a front row seat. I heard everything from when Mr. V was yelling during the match that Mason was stalling ( In a negative tone toward the young wrestler). Even after his son won the match I clearly heard Mr V say again in a negative tone towards the young wrestler "he should be embarrassed he was stalling". Mr V happened to have made that comment right in front of the gentlemen from Spencerport. When the gentlemen from Spencerport heard this he immediately confronted Mr V. And this is when the confrontation elevated to the next level. It's unfortunate that the incident had to happen but from what I saw was a fan sticking up for a young wrestler who was being heckled by an adult fan in the stands. These two athletes are both great wrestlers but Mason is just a kid and does not deserve to be treated like that. Especially after Mr V son won the match it was not necessary to say negative things in the open with other parents, friends, relatives of Mason's who could hear. I wish nothing but great things for Venosa at the State meet and I look forward to watching a very promising tough wrestler in Mason for the next years to come. Sincerely

Falcs96
And I look forward to him wrestling Teemer. Anyone who DOESN'T stall against that kid gets pinned.

Myboys
Vanosa won't pin Teemer not a chance but he is the only one that has a shot at beating him.

chucknorriscoverband
How many post do we need about the situation? At the end of the day it seems like venosas dad was a little hot. So what it's an emotional sport. Maybe he said a few things out of character it happens. In business in life and at wrestling tournaments, have you been to a bills game. He is obviously better on the sport for years and seems to be a class act. Let it go. We all get heated we all get upset. As a coach , as a father and as a friend to a lot of other parents. Let it go . and I have no horse in the race no friends involved no nothing just reading this post.

WrestlerofthePast
Anyone take video of any of the finals? DI or DII?

chucknorriscoverband
My guess is he isn't talking about Teemer losing. ....

Wrestleguy123
Can't wait for states out team looks great this year

Sonny
I'm hoping Spallina wins it all.

Wrestleguy123
He's got a great chance, I think Burgos has got a great chance at placing top 3

Falcs96
I don't think anyone's beating Teemer, but Venosa's a great wrestler. If that kid was going to lose, it would have been at Eastern States, when he was out for the season and had just returned a week earlier. But now he's basically in mid-season form, and just looks ridiculous. I do agree though that Venosa may be the best candidate........poor Matt Swanson's already had 3 shots in the last 2 weeks, and is clearly out of ideas.

Last edited by Falcs96 on Feb 14, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Sonny
Wrestleguy123 wrote:
He's got a great chance, I think Burgos has got a great chance at placing top 3

Hate to rain on your parade Burgos probably won't place. Hope I'm wrong for section 5.

Falcs96
Yeah, not sure I would call it a GREAT chance. But anything can happen in Albany. Not sure I see anyone beating Nunez at 99. He's a hungry senor, and they're always tough at that weight. Encarnacion and Adams are real tough, but the kid that could shock people in that weight class is Brock Delsignore. The kids in 8th grade, and has excellent technique. Can't remember what section he's from, but he's impressive.

132nomore
Falcs96 wrote:
And I look forward to him wrestling Teemer. Anyone who DOESN'T stall against that kid gets pinned.

Jacorri will be coming home with another state title

Livinginthepast
Everyone get a life and let go of what happened on Saturday. Who really cares at this point? Mason will be able to handle himself in due time he will figure out that he can open up and score a lot of points and be an exciting wrestler. Venosa is who he is. He has a style and it works. Mr. V. got emotional, didn't act like a father who's kid was the favorite, and Spencerport fan thought he was back in the days of ER and Brighton being really good. Let's focus on the states and start with some positive mojo!

Oldskool
At least he didn't threaten to round house a coach in the face.
Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next