Oklahoma State vs Penn State.....Flow fails View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Oklahoma State vs Penn State.....Flow fails

Raider92
Tonight I was hoping to get home and watch the dual of the year between Okie State and Penn State. And Flowrestling had a server issue. I love flowrestling and the content they provide but tonight was a big fail. The message boards are killing flow. I was wondering what our community thinks. A lot of people say they are going to dump their flow membership.....I for one will not but I was disappointed. Curious what you all think?

Last edited by Raider92 on Feb 20, 2017; edited 1 time in total

mattime
Also disappointed but will continue with my membership. I was able to watch on Ben Askrens Facebook live from his Academy. I thought communication was their biggest fail. A post on all of their social media sites stating "having technical difficulties" and then directing to Facebook live would have helped. From the matches I saw it was an exciting dual.

bigkidsdad
I am crossed with how to handle this. I woke up this morning expecting to see a full (but not real, lawyered up) apology from Flo, yet nothing. Throw us a bone, pretend that you care, give us a plan for how you are increasing your infrastructure and how this won't happen again.... yet nothing crickets. Track wasn't much better with their "free" coverage of Cornell v Ohio state I couldn't watch, but I didn't pay for that and I guess I wasn't so angry because of that. Flo should leave the "big" events to ESPN, or Big10 which have both showed they are willing to invest in technology and infrastructure that is stable. Sorry, Flo has a reputation now for substandard everything from announcers that seem like they pulled them from a local bar, to image quality comparable to flip phone technology, to crashing servers that can't handle the bandwidth of a Pop & Flo event nevermind the national duals (which they sued to have the right to carry). What Flo excels at is marketing hype, having more subdivisions then you can shake a stick at (Flo- cheerleading, track, MMA, and so on), and legalese which is why we haven't received more then a twitter apology as of yet, and why the only good showing of the event (a YouTube high res feed from OSU which Flo had pulled down threatening a lawsuit). As of now I see the only recourse is cancellation of my account, unless Flo gives us a reason to stay. Maybe Flo should stick with what they know which is televising small obscure events that no one else will cover.

Oldskool
It was aweful. They hyped it as the biggest dual of the season and failed to deliver. I ended up watching through God knows who's periscope account. I agree, things happen, but they should find a way to make it right.

132nomore
They need to work a deal with a major network to cover a few big events every year
ESPN covers only the NCAA finals
They need to get a few duals televised nationally as well
Last nights would have been the perfect one to start with
The sport will continue to decline with out getting some tv rights and allowing folks to see what a great sport it is

bigkev_ref
This guy had an interesting take on the Flo debacle yesterday.

https://youtu.be/Jim8vyM31Wk

coachlaz
First, the Bellator Main Event with Fedor got scrapped at the last minute Saturday night, and then I wasn't able to watch the dual on Sunday. Bummer of a weekend. There's not much worse than a company consistently biting off more than they can chew. This isn't the first issue with FLO not delivering a promised live event. Regardless, I won't get rid of my account. The documentaries are reason enough to keep it, let alone all of the available technque.

WrestlerofthePast
Let's just hope Time Warner comes through this upcoming weekend!

backsuplex
I was so sick of the Flo fails, I cancelled it.

I was excited when they went FB live at 165lbs. Hugely disappointed when Flo stopped the FB live when their servers came back up. 13K at one point-most presidential debates failed at the 10k point.

If they don't get their S4*& together, FB live is going to to be the way to go. And you don't have to listen to their terrible commentary!!!!!

LImarty
Martin Floreani/ FLOwrestling. is the BEST thing that ever hit this Sport but, with that being said. I too have had my problems with them. I have history with them personally and I would rather keep my ill feelings off the web. Sometimes sleezy , most times not straight up and regularly faulty to the viewing public.

The failure in my own opinion falls on BTN. All season I have been watching wrestling on this network yet, not having the biggest dual of the season scheduled - is actually, preposterous !! I think they had Women's Basketball at that time slot.

B- big
T- ten
N- nonsense.

bigkidsdad
4 emails to customer service and a phone call and I finally got my "2months free" or they would have allowed me out of my yearlong subscription (at a penalty) which for me starts in January. Took the two months and hoping for the best. You won't just get it if you don't ask, so ask. Viva Flo

subway101
bigkidsdad wrote:
4 emails to customer service and a phone call and I finally got my "2months free" or they would have allowed me out of my yearlong subscription (at a penalty) which for me starts in January. Took the two months and hoping for the best. You won't just get it if you don't ask, so ask. Viva Flo

Problem is you shouldn't have to ask. A good company that values its customers and recognizes a failure would have come up with the solution.

Raider92
BTN could not televise the dual because flo has the contract for all Okie State home duals. Martin was on FRL today and took full responsibility for the failure and talked about a plan in place so it does not happen again. It was a big failure and they will pay for it. But it might just make them even a better company....they have done so much for the sport that I am going to cut them some slack this time. I love the content especially the documentaries.

Falcs96
Terrific post, Raider. You are 100% correct. Hopefully things will be rectified, but to crap on Flo would be a mistake. Their site and content is great. If they fold, then what? They do deliver for this sport, where many others don't even try.

Livinginthepast
What's the alternative to Flo? They have done a lot for wrestling and I actually love the commentary and excitement! Flo gets a pass on this one and I have to be honest: I never lost the live feed on my computer. Got pretty lucky! Heil was pinned at least 2 different times!!!
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next