We need numbers View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
We need numbers

LImarty
geeeezzzuusss freak'n .................

The APPEAL is unattractive to those who arent involved. This Sport and it's content has been around along time. So long , that it dates back to the first Olympics in Greece.

YOU cant sell wrestling . PERIOD !!! You can promote it...you can view it. From a Marketing stance- it is a bust. Many have tried - many have failed. So, cater to those who want to see it. Yes, they have an app. that allows you to watch any match. I know. Im just looking at the whole broadcast - TOO MUCH TALK- and- NOT ENOUGH wrestling.

1) Get off a match that is being dominated- move to another contest
2) Enough, about the Team scores- It doesnt have to be addressed - over and over again.
3) The interview portion had Baldwin / Koture talking about future movies...
4) Makes more sense to view the #2, #3, #4 seeds cause the #1 seed is usually wrestling the bottom- and- if the seeds hold up. We will see #1 in the semis

Here is an example BJ Clagon an unseeded wrestler is in the 1/4 finals. ...THIS is a story.

bigkidsdad
Yawn... repeat of "threes company" on channel 51. That's when comedy was at its best in the '70's, oh yeah everything was better then wasn't it? Who or what scarred you so badly that you are so negative? I'm sorry I will repeat, excellent coverage. You need to learn to compliment once in a while or maybe next time we get coverage like we got at the olympics, or the Flo debacle of just over a month ago. If you don't have anything positive to say or do then shut up and sit down. Yes there is always room for improvement but in the last year it is by far the best coverage. If you don't like the commentary turn down the volume and stream the content.

LImarty
Everything needs a little SEASONING.....even the posters.

I watched wrestling every week on TV- NY's Channel 9- Lehigh wrestling- this was back in the early/mid '60s. So, to believe that in 2017 this is a great accomplishment in broadcasting is unrealistic. The TRUTH hurts- other than Wrestling people....NO ONE wants to watch two men rolling around on a mat in a leotard. So, while Im glad I can watch wrestling on TV...then please, let me watch freak'n wrestling. I do not need the side show...and useless bs.

Now, for the coverage. Yes, all nice and frilly- all to do about things that really arent concerning. PUT THE CAMERAs on the mats. PERIOD....break to other matches. Watching scores like 22-8 arent keeping us interested.

btw- PLAGERISM is present. CREATIVITY is past. Figure that one out genius !!! NO ONE IS LEARNING IN THE PRESENT- WE ALL CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST.

Last edited by LImarty on Mar 17, 2017; edited 1 time in total

bigkidsdad
Lol, there is little chance of you ever changing, there is your creativity past. Normally I don't give up on people so easily, I generally see good where there is little. More often then not I am rewarded by taking chances on people others have passed by, but even I have my limits. I will banter with you no more. You show no signs of growth or the ability to learn, unfortunately there is nothing to work with. God willing I will log on in 10 years and will see you posting the same boring and pointless diatribe. I do believe you had a purpose once, but it has since faded and past and all that is left is bitterness and despair, beyond my pay grade to fix or even to show you a path, so bye. Thank you for the good things you did in the past and I hope that person finds their way back.

LImarty
Dude !!! I buried posters that had more to offer than you...growth ???? LMFAO !!!!!

You have diarrhrea of the fingers. I just looked at the LIWA Forum....You are posting with PSYCHOTIC tendencies.

That will be the day- when a fatkidsdad will have any importance to this sport and any importance to me.

The TRUTH will set you free.

Falcs96
The online streaming is great. But I have no idea what they were doing from about 8-10:30 last night on ESPN. It's as if they forgot that wrestling was still going on. Wrestling became background music.

And I have to ask this question every year.......WHY DO THEY INTERVIEW COACHES WHILE THEIR KIDS ARE WRESTLING??? That doesn't make one lick of sense, and it must be annoying as hell for the coaches.

bigkidsdad
Found that odd too, on more then one occasion you could see coaches eyes darting away from camera presumably to the mat. I can't imagine interviewing a football coach while a play is being executed, strange.

LImarty
Falc,

PRECISELY.

A lot of "fillers" instead of "thrillers"

also, do we need a Baldwin/Koture interview- in the round of 32. Talking about nonsense.

backsuplex
Marty

Maybe when you were with Flo, they couldn't sell wrestling.  It must have had something do with the JV dropout talking. 

ESPN must be doing something right to get ratings because they keep increasing coverage.  The fillers must be doing something.  

Despite Title IX, there are more opportunities to wrestle in college now compared to when Title IX shortened my  college career.  NAIA and NCWA might not be NCAA,,  but they afford an opportunity. 

Your Doom and Gloom about HS wrestling  is just an extention of your D and G about NY wrestling.  The only place it might be down, is on the island .

I think the current college rules should be adopted by HS.
1. Stalling is much more defined.
2.  Back points are better.better . but afff
3.  Out of Bounds is better

Falcs96
That has nothing to do with it. If you're gonna sell wrestling, show the matches. Stop talking about it, while matches are going on in the background.

And the coaches interviews stink, because they're trying to answer questions while watching their kids wrestle at the same time. I mean geez, these poor guys are walking around for 4 hours doing nothing, then as soon as their kid hits the mat, someone jams a mic in their grill. That's gotta be done differently. I felt bad for Koll.......he's trying to watch Grey wrestle what could have been his final college match, and he's obligated to answer dumb questions.

tampacuse
"Marty" I've been reading matburn for a long time. It's meant for section 5&6, I have no problem with others making comments and voicing there opinion, However you go on every post and voice you views 85% negative. Why do you think we all want to hear your views and opinions all the time, can't you pick and choose a little more? Not to mention you have signed off how many times. 85% of US don't want to hear your views/opinions. Could you PLEASE keep more of your views/opinions to yourself. Thank You

LImarty
HS WRESTLING IN NYS....is like a 12 Step Program.

STEP 1- You have to admit that you have a problem

Doom and Gloom.....LMFAO !!! Go look at ALL the PA/ OH reps in the NCAA quarters/ semis.

This Sport in NYS- in the past 15 yrs has shown just a handful of former NYS stand-outs doing well at the next level- in DI. Should I mention the roll call of Multiple Time State Champions who couldnt cut it for one reason or another OR our BEST not reaching AA status in 5 yrs. Am I being overly picky ?? Are you being overly sensitive ?? I suggest you open up your State Program and count the amount of State Champions- multiple X State Champs who never made a blemish at the next level. Should I be less critical ??? Sorry, dont think so.... What is really pathetic is knowing that both Kyle Dake (Lansing) and Nick Gwiz (Duanesburg) came from SMALL schools.

FACT IS....How many HS Coaches in NYS have reached AA status in DI- during their years as wrestlers ???? So, how will they get their kids to a new level ????

Ive seen the CHANGES- Ive seen the DECLINE - Ive seen the loss in numbers- Ive seen the depletion of quality depth-

back,

ONLY place down is the Island ???? WOW.....that was moronic. LOL !!! Being down means you keep winning the Team SectionTitles each year in Albany- and - improving in DII with a few small High Schools. TOO FUNNY !!!! So, what does that say about the rest of the State ??? The FACT is just a few Sections in NYS maintaining continued positive results. ..yet, , FFTs are at epidemic proportions now, in every Section including the larger Sections.

tampa,

turn the page or change the channel. These are your choices.

Falcs96
"Your Doom and Gloom about HS wrestling is just an extention of your D and G about NY wrestling. The only place it might be down, is on the island."

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. Section 11 won for like the 75th straight year, Section 8 took third, and now even their hollow D2 squads are starting to make a dent. His Doom and Gloom schtick on NY wrestling however, is indeed getting a bit old though...........when was the last time NY had 3 HS kids who were ranked tops in the nation in their weight classes in the same year?

LImarty
RANKINGs ???

Mean what ??? The quality DEPTH of each weight class determines strength. Each year the #3-thru#6 PA place finisher can/could beat NYS's #1 or #2.

............Kyle Dake was NEVER ranked #1...he was ranked as high as 4 or 5 ...I believe. yet, what he did at Cornell will be hard to ever be done again by ANY future wrestler. Gwiz wasnt ranked #1 I believe in HS yet, he could have been a 3X NCAA Champ. These boyz are not done- yet.

Vito, Yianni, and Deprez are very good wrestlers- To suggest anything else is a little bit over done.

Fact is.....RESEARCH the former years when DI scholarships for NYS Athletes/ Wrestling were at their peak- RESEARCH how unranked NYS HS wrestlers AA'd in DI wrestling.This is more PROFOUND.

Actually, Nickerson, Glenn, O'Connor, Gillespie, Masa, Patrovich, Maurer, Jantzen .....ALL wrestled with-in years of each other...along , with a few other forgottens who did well as DI wrestlers Weidman/ Strouse/. It is about DEPTH... in each WT class...in each year.

BRACKETS...like nys -152 LBs= R. Patrovich, Gregor Gillespie , Jonny Bowman- ALL wrestled DI/ NYS 130lbs- Riley, Brown, Gillespie, Whitaker...ALL wrestled DI. (Riley never went to College)

My whole point here is simple: The results of the NYS Tournament should NEVER be the end result- It limits the ceiling of success at the next level...also, MANY former HS stars chose DI Programs to attend and the majority could not cut it- being asked to challenge and earn a job. Many leave school/ drop out etc. If, you arent Arujau, Diakom. and/or Deprez.....find a DIII school- and get your degree.

Falcs96
"Vito, Yianni, and Deprez are very good wrestlers- To suggest anything else is a little bit over done."

They are nationally elite HS wrestlers. To suggest anything less is idiotic.

"NYS 130lbs- Riley, Brown, Gillespie, Whitaker...ALL wrestled DI. (Riley never went to College)"

Yes, ALL FOUR of the guys mentioned wrestled in D1. Except for the guy who didn't!

"Actually, Nickerson, Glenn, O'Connor, Gillespie, Masa, Patrovich, Maurer, Jantzen .....ALL wrestled with-in years of each other...along , with a few other forgottens who did well as DI wrestlers Weidman/ Strouse/. It is about DEPTH... in each WT class...in each year.
BRACKETS...like nys -152 LBs= R. Patrovich, Gregor Gillespie , Jonny Bowman- ALL wrestled DI/"

If you are going to spend the rest of your existence being aggravated by the state of NY wrestling, why do you even bother continuing to be interested? I hate the fact that my March Madness bracket's already busted. Back in the day, it never would be busted by now. Damn parity. I'm quitting March Madness pools.........until next year.
Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next