NYS dual meet View previous topic | View next topic

Page 4 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
NYS dual meet

Heisenberg
BTW, this SRC arena is a great venue for this event. Lots of room and seating, I can practically watch all 8 mats.

Heisenberg
SEMIS — Wantagh vs Fulton. Minisink Valley vs Rocky Point

Canisteo Greenwood vs Warrensburg. Mt. Sinai vs Tioga

cuchi1970
Hopefully, the state will set this up on Trackwrestling next year. Trackwrestling currently does not have a bracket type that is structured to accommodate a 3 team Round Robin pool in the first round, followed by a 4 team SF/Final in the 2nd and 3rd round. However, it is not that difficult to set this up in Trackwrestling by creating 8 Charts in the first round (Four 3 team RR charts for DI and four 3 team RR charts for DII). The winning team from each of the 1st round 3 team RR Charts can be advanced into their correct position in the DI or DII "4 Man Front Bracket" Charts to then wrestle the SF followed by the Finals for both DI and DII.

Heisenberg
MV won. Wantagh was crushing Fulton. CG won. had to leave

Falcs96
"Not that it means much to this debate, but Falconer will beat Mount Sinai because Mount Sinai is more like Grand Island's lineup. You read it here first."

Oh my goodness. I bet you wish nobody read that at all!
You're right. They're just like Grand Island, aside from being completely different.

bigkidsdad
Lol

jessefeffer
Not really. Predictions are for fun. You look at the lineups and see how they might play out. They are like Grand Island in the sense that much of the strength in their lineup, particularly 132, 160, 182, 195/220 matched up where Falconer was stronger. As it was MS forfeited most of those match ups because they did not need them. They started at 220 so Keefe got to wrestle Croston. Ingrao, Baglia, Torres and Penhollow did not get a match because the other parts of the MS lineup came through for them particularly at 106, their 132 to 138 and 152. Those matches were more of a mystery. It looks like MS knew something about Jim Kramer and his return from knee surgery and moved O'Brien away from him. Campo and Zarif wrere the state quality guys that Falconer did not match up with.

Falcs96
There were a lot more matchup problems for Falconer. And MS forfeited the top weights, like you said, because they werent needed. But Goodrich (160) and Sabella (182) are excellent wrestlers. And MS will probably win again next year, because just about all those kids are underclassmen. This tournament came along at the perfect time for that program.

Heisenberg
Didn’t I read an earlier post that said Massapequa is loaded with underclassmen too? I hope they get permission from Marty to attend next years duals !

Falcs96
Sir Martin was banished from Long Island about 4 years ago. I believe he now resides in Cyberspace!

bigkidsdad
and thank god, he could corrupt a thread about Jesus Christ to his mindless rants

LImarty
MINDLESS RANTS ??

HMMMM ??? Massapequa/ Brentwood (Elmira, Fox Lane, Lancaster were more worthy ..LOL )....would have been more competitive than MANY this past weekend in Syracuse. Again, NYS fails to adjust their thinking- based primarily about EQUAL REPRESENTATION - not on strength of a specific region. Hence, why Long Island Coaches prior to 2000- had very little interest in attending Dual Championships in Union Endicott.

Watching a lot of BIG 10 wrestling. Even at this level the talent has separated themselves immeasurably - and- there is some really poorly skilled wrestlers -wrestling in the premier Conference in Collegian wrestling.

ps. On my banishment from posting on the LIWA Forum. It was my choice not to kiss anyone's petunia- so, that I could continue posting my opinions. I chose to "call out" a Club Coach who was in it imo- only for the money. Since, he has changed his ways- WE- spoke a few years ago and my feelings have changed...BUT, I was right on point at the time of my exit.

My posting over the years- has had DIRECT influence in people's thoughts/votes on progressive change in this Sport- in this State. To argue this - only - is just sour grapes. Mindless rants...that's funny !!!

I think many of you should just say: THANK YOU LIMARTY.

fatkidsdad,

RECRUITING ???? LOL.....In the '70s Dan Gable would be in the crowd at the War Memorial..It was COMMON to see the TOP DI Coaches in the crowd. Not today. .In the 00's I was very well regarded by some Coaches on the availability of NYS Wrestlers- their SAT scores . etc. etc. Ask McCabe how Scott Goodale/ Rutgers approached him ?? ..or Meinsen and Binghamton. Ask Coach Pop- about what he thinks about my EYEs. That was not too long ago. National Events or winning in PA/ NJ...would have more RECOGNITION than useless Dual meet championships.. BTW. FLOWRESTLING- which sent a jet for me to travel to Austin , Texas. LMFAO !!!!! Don't think you know too much and btw. Your posting all over has gotten almost past the point of psychotic...you are ridiculous.

Lastly, did Wantagh/ Minisink need to travel to Syracuse to be called Top Team in NYS ??? Wasted TIME and MONEY.

Last edited by LImarty on Jan 29, 2018; edited 5 times in total

subway101
LImarty wrote:
MINDLESS RANTS ??

My posting over the years- has had DIRECT influence in people's thoughts/votes on progressive change in this Sport- in this State. To argue this - only - is just sour grapes. Mindless rants...that's funny !!!

I think many of you should just say: THANK YOU LIMARTY.

We would say THANK YOU Marty if you promised to go away and never come back!!

LImarty
62 posts subway ???

You're a pimple on my....

quickpick
bigkidsdad wrote:
and thank god, he could corrupt a thread about Jesus Christ to his mindless rants

That's a big fish you caught on that hook......
Page 4 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next