Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
NYS dual meet

subway101
LImarty wrote:
62 posts subway ???

You're a pimple on my....

851 of the same post Marty!!! Oooohhh, you're the man

Wrestle10
you now whats funny Marty is in the past five years I've seen numerous college coaches from Penn State, NC State, Hofstra and Rutgers just to name a few in attendance in Albany. Cael himself was in the stands a couple years ago.

And what is your enormous problem with teams traveling to competition? are you on the school board of every long island high school? are you personally putting up the money for these trips? Schools have the money for this or booster clubs fund raise for these events because it means something to them. They are honored to go, they want to go!

Did somebody not let you go to an event when you were younger and it scarred you for life? Every sport travels for competition not just wrestling. Do you go on the girls volleyball websites and complain about the long island teams traveling upstate?

jessefeffer
Falcs96 wrote:
There were a lot more matchup problems for Falconer. And MS forfeited the top weights, like you said, because they werent needed. But Goodrich (160) and Sabella (182) are excellent wrestlers. And MS will probably win again next year, because just about all those kids are underclassmen. This tournament came along at the perfect time for that program.

I thought they were likely to win 6 of 9 matches 132 to 220, maybe 7, with at least 4 bonus point wins. I thought one more at 99/106 and another at 113. That's eight or maybe nine wins. It ended up being 7. The forfeits were a strange stamp on the match but, imo, Goodrich, Sabella and Croston were not getting wins for MS much like Daghestani, Emblidge, Kenney and Bielec did not for GI. Maybe we'll see those head-to-head match ups in Albany to know for sure.

I am pleased for the event. The sport needs to buld more interest.

Falcs96
Why would Sabella not get a win? The kid's been outstanding all season, and he had a tough draw at states last year, getting top seeded Clifton Wang right off the bat then 2 matches later lost to Keefe 5-4. Judging by your predictions, there must a have been a few wrestlers as well from MS you didn't think were going to get wins.

bigkidsdad
Marty, I agree with subway on this I haven't gone through all 800+ posts that you have put here but in this thread alone I see nothing but conjecture. You don't debate or hold an opinion you lecture as if you have the only answer (I'll not get to the pointlessness of your banter just to the vacuousness of your repeated drivel). When challenged you raise the rhetoric and point to pretend facts. If you truly believe that you just have an opinion in opposition to the crowd and we are ignorant explain without all the hyperbole. Instead when challenged you up the ante by trawling more and more either by answering your own posts or by name calling (really fatkidsdad, what that tells me is despite you thinking that you are winning the argument I own you, lol). Anyhow if you want to state an opinion I think you did 840 posts ago, trust me we all get it, "today sucks", "yesterday was better," and "our best days are behind us". Now that I think of it you sound like the leftist you have called others, hmmm. Do you have your own copy of "Rules for Radicals", I bet you do.

You can call me any name you want but I sign my posts because I mean what I say,
Rob Araneo

jessefeffer
Falcs96 wrote:
Why would Sabella not get a win? The kid's been outstanding all season, and he had a tough draw at states last year, getting top seeded Clifton Wang right off the bat then 2 matches later lost to Keefe 5-4. Judging by your predictions, there must a have been a few wrestlers as well from MS you didn't think were going to get wins.

I suspect Falconer wanted Robbie Penhollow to match up with him. Tough to predict under what circumstances, if any, MS would have complied. They certainly didn't in the situation as it developed. However good of a season Sabella is having, I think Robbie's has been better. His one loss was to Matt Gaiser and the rematch with him at the Dick Vincent Duals was ended by inj. def. ( Btw, I am surprised that there has been no discussion of his injury anywhere here as it was season ending and he is the defending state champion from section V and all. If there was, I missed it.)

Some nice quality wins over 182 lb. guys including Derek Beckham of Panther Valley @ the Jarvis Tournament in Athens, Pa by a 10-4 score. Beckham beat Sabella in OT at the Windsor tournament.

And not a "few", it was one maybe two.

Falcs96
Using commns as evidence is weak, but it doesn't matter one bit now anyway. The dual was over after 11 matches, so it is what it is.

jessefeffer
Falcs96 wrote:
Using commns as evidence is weak, but it doesn't matter one bit now anyway. The dual was over after 11 matches, so it is what it is.

All true enough. Weak evidence at best. But the rest is just conjecture and not evidence at all. I was surprised to see even one common opponent between them. They are over 400 miles apart afterall. Torres had one over Goodrich from Panther Valley as well.

Falcs96
Torres is very good. He'd have probably beaten Goodrich. Another reason for forfeits is why risk injury against tough wrestlers for no reason when you plan on having 3 more matches that day? Normally I'd say it was a dumb thing to do since total points is a tiebreaker in the event of 3 teams going 1-1, but I believe the MS coach figured that if they beat Falconer like that, they'd have no problems with Goveneur. That was another dual over after 11 matches.

LImarty
"its ALL good"

Many of us have concluded. WRESTLING is wrestling but, with that being said- MANY of us have seen the decline in local competition/talent. There are many schools not filling weight classes with seasoned , savvy, skilled HS Varsity wrestlers. To argue this -is absurd.

I have NO PROBLEM with Dual competition. Dual competition is not expressive of the current downward trend in overall talent throughout NYS.

The DEFINITIVE word that is missing is ...PROGRAM... Wantagh, Minisink, Brentwood, MW, and others...like Spencerport...have tried to continue the "assembly line" mentality. Lose a wrestler - gain an underclassmen too fill the spot.

There are things that can REBUILD Programs. Peewees, MS- then High School. Simultaneous seasons would benefit this narrative- Coaches being less transient- having former NCAA AAs come back to the HS wrestling room would also, benefit the future of this Sport . (Quite common in PA/NJ)

Congrats to Wantagh HS/ MT Sinai HS and the others making the trip to Syracuse.

Falcs96
"There are many schools not filling weight classes with seasoned , savvy, skilled HS Varsity wrestlers. To argue this -is absurd."

To think anyone's arguing it is even more absurd.

Heisenberg
Falcs..... you’re hilarious ! LOL!!!!

LImarty
Anyone have the "numbers" generated by having a Dual Championship ?? Plus/minus .???

Wondering how much revenue was lost by NYS- having this Tournament. Costs from each school- busing, lodging, feeding...then the cost of rent to the host. Electric, security, set-up- clean-up. etc. etc.

WHY ??

I think that the money spent here- would have been better off used at INCREASING the amount of wrestlers in Albany...and...having an extra round of wrestling at the State Tourney. Maybe, DII Champ vs DI Champ.

Wrestle10
Not everything is about money!!!!! Why do you care so much about the cost are you personally paying for the expenses??? Why are you so against having another event for kids to wrestle at as a team? IT GIVES THEM PRIDE TO COMPETE FOR THEIR SCHOOL YOU MENTAL MIDGET!! Not everything is only about the elite wrestler. Did you watch the PSU vs Ohio State Dual Meet?? It was amazing did you see the crowd for a DUAL MEET? Yeah they don't mean anything wrestling is just an individual sport right. Let's get our sport out there as much as possible. I hope next year they live stream it and hey just for you maybe they will charge $10 so you can get back some of the money you spend on everything for Long Island wrestlers to compete. Oh that's right you don't spend anything, you don't coach, you don't help out at any schools, you don't run tournaments, camps, or clinics. Quit complaining about everything that's wrong and maybe devote some of your time to help make it better.

Falcs96
LOL, yeah, let's not spend our money on the top programs in the state, and instead spend it on additional kids in each weight class who have no chance of winning the state tournament! Thats a sound plan. This, from a guy who already screams about the state tournament being watered down.

Why reward programs like Minnisink Valley and Wantagh, when you can invest that money in a few extra kids going 0-2 in Albany?
Page 5 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next