Section 6 teams View previous topic | View next topic

Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Section 6 teams

jessefeffer
Heisenberg wrote:
Who won the ECIC final between Day and Stencel? For some reason its not listed in the Track wrestling results.

Are you at STWOA? I couldn't go and have not seen any info.

Heisenberg
nope, didnt make the trip

Heisenberg
Wow, what happened to Lockports program? Only 3 varsity wrestlers vs NW. I know that Scapellettii stepped down, but they were a top 20 state team (or higher) for a good stretch. Doesnt seem like that long ago they upset a top level Hilton team.

Oldskool
I was gonna post the same thing. They were a powerhouse!

jessefeffer
Without knowing anything specific about their situation, I'd say that they were the beneficiaries of an active kids program for a period of time and that, for some reason, the kids program became less active and less a focus and parents/kids stopped wanting to participate in significant numbers.

madmami
I was told that most of Lockport team was not allowed to wrestle due to grades in failing status, and behavior of others, not sure how true this info is, maybe i shouldn't be saying anything because i am so unsure
If it has any truth to it, its sad. Grades should be important and come first if on a team or not. Hopefully parents are on top of it before its too late. The program seems to have dropped since the coach stepped down, defending dont seem to be headed in a good, positive direction that is for certain

matmadness
jessefeffer wrote:
Without knowing anything specific about their situation, I'd say that they were the beneficiaries of an active kids program for a period of time and that, for some reason, the kids program became less active and less a focus and parents/kids stopped wanting to participate in significant numbers.

Nailed it right here. Go back 5 years and Lockport was a large thriving club pulling kids from NF/SP/NW....something changed within that club around 2015-2016 that saw kids move back to their home town clubs (Newfane seems to be a landing place). My sons last full club year was 2016 and the Lockport kids tourney after the HS one was dead....3 kids to a bracket...full mats instead of quarters (not a complaint) but not the kids tourney we witnessed lets say in 2012

Heisenberg
I was looking at the brackets for the Akron tournament. At 145, Willie Mcdougald is unseeded in the lower half of the draw. Whats up with that??

cuchi1970
He was entered and seeded #1 at 138. He just missed making weight at 138 (140) and was moved up to 145, lost his seed, and had to be drawn into the 145 bracket.

matmadness
Any word on class A and AA tourney sites or if there will even be a tourney(s)? What an embarrassment this late in the season to have these issues. If it was football this problem wouldn't exist and a school would take the bite to host....sections need to figure this out....why would the kids outside the top tier wrestlers bother if they dont have an end of the year tourney where they can make one last ditch effort to make sections? Kids will look at this and quit after xmas if they don't have the record they need already.

embarrassing for the sport

jessefeffer
NW vs. NF, #1 vs. #2. Based on the lineups suggested by Matt O'Rourke, I'd have NW winning by 15, something like 42-27. I see NW with 7 solid wins, NF with 4 and 4 swing matches at 120, 195, 220 and 285. WNYAthletics is doing some sort of livestream so lets hope both teams put on a show. Here's to a full gym tomorrow evening.

wnyathletics
Thanks for the mention my man. Unfortunately we can't do a live stream. We've been told that NW has a project going and the wifi network is down. However we will still be on site to cover and capture some audio/visual content as well. Tonight I'm at Iroquois @ Pioneer. In all likelihood this should decide the ECIC II title.

jessefeffer
wnyathletics wrote:
Thanks for the mention my man. Unfortunately we can't do a live stream. We've been told that NW has a project going and the wifi network is down. However we will still be on site to cover and capture some audio/visual content as well. Tonight I'm at Iroquois @ Pioneer. In all likelihood this should decide the ECIC II title.

I read your post match report. That was a great dual. Packed gym, lots of 3 pt. decisions, one in overtime, and a 1 point final meet victory for Pioneer. Section VI D2 duals should have some great competition and be another showcase for the sport in the section. I hope to get there.

Heisenberg
NW-49 NF-24. Totally packed house. NW won the flip, had an edge in who to send out.
Both teams came to wrestle and put on a good show for the fans.
Possible preview of section 6 dual meet finals.

wnyathletics
NW vs NF

Falls is tough, athletic, heavy with seniors, and well coached. It was an awesome environment. Standing room only. Fantastic wrestling atmosphere. I estimate top four seeds for Section VI DI Duals will be Olean-1, NW-2, Falls-3, Clarence-4
Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next