Section 6 teams View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Section 6 teams

Heisenberg
I saw the NW vs GI match last night, and I came away impressed by GI. I think they wrestle Lancaster next week. They also had a close win over Iroquois, so there will be some great competition come dual tournament time. I see they got hammered by Falconer, so Falconer looks like the small school team to beat.

BJB7
Iroquois is small school this year and Iroquois beat Falconer. Should be a fun day on January 20th at Lancaster.

ksl66
Pioneer is the team to beat in D2!

choppy
bet

cuchi1970
Grand Island 47 - NW 28

First time GI has ever beaten NW

jessefeffer
cuchi1970 wrote:
Grand Island 47 - NW 28

First time GI has ever beaten NW

Sounds like the program has a coach that has gotten his kids to believe in their program and commit to doing the work to compete probably with an assist from the youth coaches. Good for them, section VI needs more teams on the rise.

Poecat
The Team Niagara program throughout the summer did a lot of good for many of the GI kids. Many of the section 3 people here notice it in my son as well.

choppy
The kids at gi have made there improvements and committed to full year wrestling that's the difference go Vikings.

Heisenberg
I wonder if Lancaster would bump up Andreesen to take on the GI 285 lber ? I guess it would depend on if they had someone they think could win at 220.

Buckster1
I got to see the Lancaster 220 at Penfield yesterday I don't think there's anyone at 220 or 285 that can beat him. He's a machine!!

Heisenberg
Can someone post the start time for GI vs Lancaster ? Is there a jv match 1st or just varsity ?

choppy
the jv match starts at 530 there will be few jv matches. the match is in the aux gym.

Livinginthepast
In what some people would say is a 'down' Fairport team; took a good bite out of Grand Island this past weekend at the Demeco-Trainor duals in Churchville-Chili. Fairport had some big pins to help, but in the end, were better in the big matches.

matmadness
Livinginthepast wrote:
In what some people would say is a 'down' Fairport team; took a good bite out of Grand Island this past weekend at the Demeco-Trainor duals in Churchville-Chili. Fairport had some big pins to help, but in the end, were better in the big matches.

Probably a bit biased but end result is fair. Tough match at 160 could have gone either way. 170 GI wrestler kept tilting and the stronger FP wrestler beat that. 285 GI and FP win 5 times each if they wrestle 10x. Lower weights GI was stronger

Heisenberg
Great match on Grand Island tonight as Lancaster wins 37-35. I cant help but feel that GI is snake bit. They had NW beat but lost in the dual tournament last year. Tonight , the match was there ripe for the taking but they just came up short again.
Give Lancaster all the credit for a great win. Good teams pull out the close ones, and thats what happened tonight.
These 2 should meet again in the Section 6 dual meet final.
BTW, Andreesen does look extremely tough. Maybe section 6 D1 will finally have a state champ for the 1st time in years.