STWOA View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
STWOA

Heisenberg
Is there a list of competing teams anywhere? It stinks that ECIC and Monroe County tournaments are this weekend. This used to be a great tournament.

BJB7
Here is what I found not sure if there are additional teams.

Cattaraugus-Little Valley Sr HS, NY
Chautauqua Lake-Westfield-Panama, NY
Eisenhower Hs, PA
Falconer-Cassadaga Valley, NY
Fredonia HS, NY
Maple Grove Sr HS, NY
Newfane Sr HS, NY
Niagara Wheatfield Sr HS, NY
Portville Sr HS, NY
Southwestern HS, NY
Warren Area Hs, PA

choppy
it should have been better someone dropped the ball

BJB7
ECIC has been cancelled for today with Starpoint closing will be a one day tournament tomorrow.

jessefeffer
BJB7 wrote:
Here is what I found not sure if there are additional teams.

Cattaraugus-Little Valley Sr HS, NY
Chautauqua Lake-Westfield-Panama, NY
Eisenhower Hs, PA
Falconer-Cassadaga Valley, NY
Fredonia HS, NY
Maple Grove Sr HS, NY
Newfane Sr HS, NY
Niagara Wheatfield Sr HS, NY
Portville Sr HS, NY
Southwestern HS, NY
Warren Area Hs, PA

This doesn't even list Dunkirk/SC so it's likely that there could be more. Otherwise, they should change the format. No need for a 2 day tournament for just 12 teams. They are supposed to start at 5 PM which is right about now.

jessefeffer
182 should be tough with Trim, Penhollow, Hoose and Nixon. Eisenhower may have Spencer Head or Alex Barnett there this year depending on how much they grew.

ksl66
Still don’t have a complete list but, I would venture a guess somewhere in the 20s, the organization here leaves a little to be desired, but good quality wrestling. I think more of the N-O and NFL teams dropped the ball not making the trip on a weekend where there are only two Varsity tournaments in the section.

Penhollow went to 170, and trim went up to 195, should be a Hoose and Nixon final

choppy
This tournament was very hard to get info on, Many folks up north assumed it was cancelled.

subway101
They ruined it themselves several years ago when they cancelled it in the last minute and left many teams scrambling to find other tournaments to go to. It was an awful circumstance and many great teams never returned.

jessefeffer
They lost the rights to the venue (then the JSBIA in 2012) due to a conflict with a gymnastics/ice skating event that NBC taped for a national broadcast early in January. I do not know the details of the scrambling that this triggered but it was something of a mini disaster for all involved. I am not sure how much was within the STWOAs control then but having ECICs and Monroe County competitions moved to the same weekend did not help this year's event. I thought the ACC in Salamanca worked well for last year's STWOA and DII tournaments.

The DII tournament is at Lake Shore this year and I know nothing of their facilities so I reserve judgement.

Buckster1
Lakeshore has hosted the D1 sectionals and has plenty of room 6 mats plus a warm up mat as well
Page 1 of 1